Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nate Schmidt Suspended 20 games!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Nate Schmidt Suspended 20 games!

Does everyone realize that the amount in his blood is actually quite a lot? His “defence” statement tugged the heart-strings of the common fan that knows nothing about the human body.

He’s guilty and took roids.

Apparently he already lost his appeal which doesn’t surprise me with the substantial quantity in his blood.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Does everyone realize that the amount in his blood is actually quite a lot? His ?defence? statement tugged the heart-strings of the common fan that knows nothing about the human body.

He?s guilty and took roids.

Apparently he already lost his appeal which doesn?t surprise me with the substantial quantity in his blood.

You sound like you have details others don't. I thought the NHL didn't realize those details? Unfortunately my hunch is that you're either misinformed or being a little unrealistic because everything I've read wholly contradicts your post.

What substance was in his blood, and how much was there?

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    You sound like you have details others don't. I thought the NHL didn't realize those details? Unfortunately my hunch is that you're either misinformed or being a little unrealistic because everything I've read wholly contradicts your post.

Indeed. Without knowing what the substance in question was, it's impossible to say whether or not the amount of it was significant.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post

I don’t care what the substance was. What I know is that it was a banned substance and it was a lot. The wording used in his “defence” was carefully constructed to make it seem like it was a minuscule amount, but to anyone that knows the human body, it was massive and proves his guilt.

Dobber Sports Sage

I find it odd that besides Skippy, most people seem skeptical and want to believe that Schmidt is innocent. In these cases, my first impression is to always think that the athlete is guilty. I have watched enough interviews with Victor Conte and other doctors to know how easy it is for athletes to beat drug tests. And when they test positive it is because they messed up. Sure, false positives exist but for them to go this far into the process and announce the suspension, my thought is that they have the evidence. I have no dog in this fight either. Granted, I think a lot of players are on performance enhancing drugs. There is too much upside not to take them.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Expert

20 game suspension is complete. He should be back in the lineup on Sunday.