Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2018/19 Rocky Horror Roto Show

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: 2018/19 Rocky Horror Roto Show

Quick has really screwed me. I declined that offer from Q last week, saying that I did not want to panic. Here I stand today.... Panicking... I have the goaltending tandem of the Philadelphia Flyers. BAHAHAHAHAHA Kill me now.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Oooooooo... nice.
    Goalie intrigue is always fun.
    Speaking of which - let's speculate on why Ma is benching his goalies in the same strategy that sucked for him last year!
    #DoesntWorkWhenYourGAAandSV%Blows

Things to Watch in November:
    1. Can Shoeless' darling jack&john goalies carry enough weight for the Devil's Rejects to stay top three?
    2. Does LOTR's Freddie Andersen keep up the goalie wins with Matthews out?
    3. How long does Scott ride the Kinkaid-glitter-magic for?
    4. What place in the standings is The Comish really in right now?
    5. How far does temek push his negative defenseman GP... currently at -17 with Weber/Edler as the elves on the shelves?
    6. Does PenguinHunter cry himself to sleep every night about this team?
    7. Is Quentin's time in the sunshine over - or is Kovalchuk the answer to the dismal skater output?
    I've armed myself better this year with 5 #1 goalies instead of 4... and I think the quality is better this year than last year... just my goalies schedules haven't been favourable at all this opening month, and Bob/Allen have been terrible and Crawford/Luongo have been hurt, Dubie is really the only goalie that have put up decent numbers really... Once they all find their groove I should get more starts in, just not really trust worthy to start at the moment. I think I have a better offensive team this year than last year... I got smashed with 1 in G, A and P same with SOG... I'm tracking with 5, 8.5, 6 and 1 in those same categories this year... just really need some of the leaders to pull back a bit back into the 110s-120s and I should be able to compete...

I'm always a big believer in goalie home starts vs. away starts...

Goalie Splits Home
    99-68-24 (51.8% win rate)
    2.66 GAA
    .909 SP

Goalie Splits Away
    92-80-20 (47.9% win rate)
    2.74 GAA
    .909 SP

and usually the gap widens much more dramatically as the season progresses...

2017-18 numbers:
    2.79 GAA, .911 SP home vs. 3.07 GAA, .906 SP away...

My current goalie splits:
    Home:
    11-6-3, 2.71 GAA, .909 SP
    Away
    4-6-2, 3.33 GAA, .903 SP

So there is a big distinct advantage to just start goalies at home vs on the road.

Also I made a boneheaded Bob start on the road in TB where he got torched for 8 goals... if I strike that start and stuck to my "only start at home strategy"... I'd have a 2.85 GAA and .915 SP which would have sat me with goalie stats of 3.5, 7, 1, 10, which would have made this strategy look a bit more respectable at the moment...

With 5 #1 goalies, I have a bit more leeway in terms of being picky with my starts... if anything at least I'm keeping stats away from my competitors... 1 less win available to you guys means more of a chance for me to hopefully build a gap as the season progresses once I get my goalies rolling...

At the moment my strategy is somewhat working...

Kings has a 12, 5, 12, 7 for goalie stats... very high win rate, but he gets hurt with the GAA and SV stats... He's carrying Anderson, Markstrom, Ward, Korp... Ward had a few starts cause Crawford was out, so now that Crawford is back, Ward will be relegated to backup duties and ultimately the wins/svs will dry up. So even though he has a top-tier goalie in Andersen the support isn't really there for him to maintain 12, 5, 12, 7 for the goalie stats for the duration of the full season...

Devil's is in a similar situation, 2, 11, 5, 13... low win rate, but has a nice GAA and SV% numbers, He's carrying Campbell, Darling, Gibson, Johnson... Once again very strong numbers in Gibson, but I don't know if he'll get the same supplementary support in GAA and SV% with Campbell, Darling and Johnson for the duration of the season...

Gaudreau same kinda thing, 10, 10, 10, 9... while carrying Hutton, Ullmark, Jones and Kinkaid... Kinkaid was lights out to start the season, but with Schneider back he'll lose some starts... Jones' potential "good numbers" could get washed out by the Buf duo...

Subban is also in the same boat... 13, 4, 13, 4... owns Vas, Anderson, Domingue, Smith... Vas has been dominating but once you start to mix in the 3+ GAA and the < 900 SP, Vas' stats gets washed out...

Hellbound 8, 9, 6, 8... has Raanta, Saros, DeSmith, Grubauer, Subban, Sparks... so awesome numbers by Raanta but no consistent support...

I think the only real threat for the goalie stats is Kreidle with Varly, Price, Rask and Halak... but his offense is as strong as my offense was last year, so there probably not an overall threat come April...

but it's still early... plenty of the season still left...
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Maaaasquito View Post
    I think the only real threat for the goalie stats is Kreidle with Varly, Price, Rask and Halak... but his offense is as strong as my offense was last year, so there probably not an overall threat come April...
    Man, if it weren't for my goalies, I would be tracking for an all time worst season in this league this year. I knew I would struggle in offense but not this bad! Early injuries to Getzlaf and Stastny hurt badly. Nylander was a risk when I drafted him but I really figured he'd be playing by now. My top 2 picks in Hedman and Laine have just been brutal but at least Laine seemed to wake up last night!

I'm forever the optimist though. I think if my stars return to form and I can swing the right trades, I'll claw my way back into this thing. It's going to be an uphill battle, but I'm pretty sure I was in a similar situation at the end of October last year and managed to land 2nd place.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Demi-God

The Kings in Yellow pulled away from the peloton last night!

Time to cast the reels!!!

The Wolverine

Standings update:

Dobber Sports Stud

Carrying the Buffalo duo in net is definitely a concern for me and Jones isn't helping. Other than that am very happy with the way my team is playing - some of the mid-rounds picks are working out so far, although it is a long season (e.g. Spezza, Dadonov, Lee). I need to get to work on the +/- if I want to be in the hunt.

Dobber Sports Stud

Oooooooo... nice.
    Goalie intrigue is always fun.
    Speaking of which - let's speculate on why Ma is benching his goalies in the same strategy that sucked for him last year!
    #DoesntWorkWhenYourGAAandSV%Blows

Things to Watch in November:
    1. Can Shoeless' darling jack&john goalies carry enough weight for the Devil's Rejects to stay top three?
    2. Does LOTR's Freddie Andersen keep up the goalie wins with Matthews out?
    3. How long does Scott ride the Kinkaid-glitter-magic for?
    4. What place in the standings is The Comish really in right now?
    5. How far does temek push his negative defenseman GP... currently at -17 with Weber/Edler as the elves on the shelves?
    6. Does PenguinHunter cry himself to sleep every night about this team?
    7. Is Quentin's time in the sunshine over - or is Kovalchuk the answer to the dismal skater output?
    Anyone else notice how Peng's list didn't include anything to watch from his squad???

Best offence I've seen him draft in the past few years, rocking the peripherals through his streaming as per usual (seriously that Glendening stream was just ridiculous!) and even embracing some guys he used to never touch (looking at my boy Radulov with fantastic rate-stats on Dreadful instead of Train is killing me! haha)

#8. should most definitely read: Even in the shade I'm watching you Peng
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Looking for FOW!

The Wolverine

Rank Team Points
    1 The Kings in Yellow 139
    2 The Devil's Rejects 131
    3 Natural Born Quiller 127
    3 Closer to Gaudreau 127
    5 Drag Me to Hall 116
    6 Train to Subban 106
    7 Han's Labyrinth 101.5
    8 Evgeni Dreadful 101
    9 Kreidle Hands 81.5
    10 Curse of Tyler Myers 68
    11 Lil Propp of Horrors 61.5
    12 Maaaaaa-chete 60.5
    13 The Hellbound Hart 54

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Evgeni Dreadful is just chugging in pergatory.

My goalies stink.
    My only hope to win is if the league stats even-out a bit and the leader comes down to 120-ish.
    But I think the Kings are just really looking good this year.
    (Internally, I debate whether I should charge after them in the cats where I could run them down... but I've done that to leaders in past years and never gotten my thank you when 2nd place emerges)

It IS crazy how scoring rise has changed goalie standings.
    GAA of 2.72 is good for SECOND (2nd!!!) right now in that cat.
    Two point seventy two!!! Second in GAA! Holy Goalie!

And dooley's top GAA team (Drag Me to Hall) is comprised of Rinne, Bishop and a patch of five back-ups!
    (Ugh, if only I'd gone with Rinne instead of Doughty in Round 3... and if only I nabbed McElhinneyho the day he was claimed by CAR. Ooof.)

At least I didn't draft goalies in rounds 2,3,4,and 5... only to be dead last in GAA & SV% and bottom 3 in W & SV.
    That would be embarrassing.

And dooley's top GAA team (Drag Me to Hall) is comprised of Rinne, Bishop and a patch of five back-ups!
    (Ugh, if only I'd gone with Rinne instead of Doughty in Round 3... and if only I nabbed McElhinneyho the day he was claimed by CAR. Ooof.)
    I was very happy to get Rinne there, glad you didn't take him. I think I still would have taken Bishop at that spot though not sure what would have been left in Round 4!

Also McElhinney was my 24th round pick, so he couldn't have been claimed

My biggest blunder was JVR in round 10 instead of Toews, however I made up for it with Point in Round 11 but still, Toews

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dooley89 View Post
    I was very happy to get Rinne there, glad you didn't take him. I think I still would have taken Bishop at that spot though not sure what would have been left in Round 4!

My biggest blunder was JVR in round 10 instead of Toews, however I made up for it with Point in Round 11 but still, Toews
    Correction, fu*** Schneider in Round 8 ugh, however with some Jeff Skinner redemption in 9!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by dooley89 View Post
    Ah - you are correct!
    I mis-remember... though I was/is bitter that I couldn't land the Carolina duo.
    And then, even with Darling injured - I still couldn't land them, because McE was owned!

BTW - ever check the Carolina shot-differential.
    I think they are leading the NHL at like +10 sog per game over their opponents.
    It's crazy!

I dealt with the trade-bug!

James van Riemsdyk Phi - LW
    Traded to The Devil's Rejects

Luke Glendening Det - C,RW
    Traded to Drag Me to Hall

Knowing Glendening was bounced around waivers a couple of times kind of stings but being within 10 FOW of the highest wing eligible face off guy in our league (Draisaitl), I think it's a worthwhile risk.
    I feel like I am OK at LW as well currently.

Dobber Sports Expert

My goalies stink.
    My only hope to win is if the league stats even-out a bit and the leader comes down to 120-ish.
    But I think the Kings are just really looking good this year.
    (Internally, I debate whether I should charge after them in the cats where I could run them down... but I've done that to leaders in past years and never gotten my thank you when 2nd place emerges)

It IS crazy how scoring rise has changed goalie standings.
    GAA of 2.72 is good for SECOND (2nd!!!) right now in that cat.
    Two point seventy two!!! Second in GAA! Holy Goalie!

At least I didn't draft goalies in rounds 2,3,4,and 5... only to be dead last in GAA & SV% and bottom 3 in W & SV.
    That would be embarrassing.
    I know hey... how f***ing embarassing is this... hopefully the 2nd half of the year they actually pick up their game again... good thing, as you pointed out, that there's a lot of wiggle room to gain a ton in the goalie stats. If I can get the GAA back down to 2.78 that's 11 points I can gain same with SV% .913 and there's another 11 points there too... so 22 big points to gain if my goalies actually decide to show up for 2019... that plus saves and wins there's a bit of room to catch up in too. I don't think many teams will make the 164 max goalie starts, so that might give me an advantage carrying 5 goalies come April...

Anyway make for a very interesting 2nd half...
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

The Wolverine

Big trade:

Sean Couturier Phi - C
    Victor Hedman TB - D
    Miro Heiskanen Dal - D

Traded to Train to Subban

Jonathan Drouin Mon - C,LW
    Aaron Ekblad Fla - D
    John Klingberg Dal - D IR
    Nico Hischier NJ - C