Thread: Choose three keepers

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Choose three keepers

Need to choose three keepers by the end of today:

Prescott, Carr, Green, Hyde, Drake, Dion Lewis and Powell.

Basic Yahoo league, but we start two QBs in a 10-team league.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Choose three keepers

Hmm. Green and Drake are definites for me.

In a 2 QB, I'd really like to keep 1 QB, but don't think it's less important to do so in a 10 teamer keep 3 -- particularly given your options. In that format, chances are that 15 or less QBs will be kept, and I don't think Prescott or Carr are in the top 15.

So I think my 3rd keeper would be between Hyde and Lewis. Basically a coin flip for me between the 2, but guess I'd lean Hyde for name value recognition more than anything and given that he's currently the 1A and likely to get the goal line work, whereas I don't think Lewis is (and won't get the goal line work over Henry). I do think Lewis will have significant value throughout the year though, so can in a bizarre way be considered the safer option to hold value throughout the year given that the situation in Cleveland could be more fluid with Duke's and Chubb's presence.

So at first blush, that's what I'd do. But if you feel the need to keep a QB, I'd keep Prescott over Carr. As I understand it, the standard Yahoo setting has QBs at 4 points per passing TD, so I'd prefer Dak's edge of getting some rushing production/TDs too.

Good luck!

Follow-up Question: Do you know your draft slot yet?
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    Hmm. Green and Drake are definites for me.

In a 2 QB, I'd really like to keep 1 QB, but don't think it's less important to do so in a 10 teamer keep 3 -- particularly given your options. In that format, chances are that 15 or less QBs will be kept, and I don't think Prescott or Carr are in the top 15.

So I think my 3rd keeper would be between Hyde and Lewis. Basically a coin flip for me between the 2, but guess I'd lean Hyde for name value recognition more than anything and given that he's currently the 1A and likely to get the goal line work, whereas I don't think Lewis is (and won't get the goal line work over Henry). I do think Lewis will have significant value throughout the year though, so can in a bizarre way be considered the safer option to hold value throughout the year given that the situation in Cleveland could be more fluid with Duke's and Chubb's presence.

So at first blush, that's what I'd do. But if you feel the need to keep a QB, I'd keep Prescott over Carr. As I understand it, the standard Yahoo setting has QBs at 4 points per passing TD, so I'd prefer Dak's edge of getting some rushing production/TDs too.

Good luck!

Follow-up Question: Do you know your draft slot yet?
    Thanks for the advice. I am picking fifth.

You have t keep at least one QB, and I agree with dejeanneret that it should be Dak ove Carr only because standard YaHoo scoring is 4 pts per throwiing TD and 6 per running TD. Dak obviously brings a mobility threat to his game that Carr does not.

That said I would keep both QBs and Green. I don't mess around in 2QB leagues. You can't have enough of them imo. Hyde Drake Powell and even Dion are all replaceable production that you can earn back in the draft...especially in a ten team league. Waivers too.

Keep the two QBs and it'll be a less stressful draft for you. Why drop one now with the expectation to draft one anyway at the 5-spot? Keep both and draft skill guy at 5.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Veteran

Dak, Drake & Green would be my keepers.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby