Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Heiskanen vs Jokiharju

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Heiskanen vs Jokiharju

Is Heiskanen that much better than Jokiharju ? Or are they closer than it appears.....
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Heiskanen vs Jokiharju

I just had to look up Jokiharju, while I know exactly who Heiskanen is. If nothing else that should tell you something about their perceived trade value.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I just had to look up Jokiharju, while I know exactly how Heiskanen is. If nothing else that should tell you something about their perceived trade value.
    I was thinking the same thing

Dobber Sports Padawan

I've been reading up on Jokiharju after seeing his name pop up a few times on this site. He's been getting some high praise. Heiskanen has name value and overall, more than likely is the better player. Jokiharju is more of an unknown but everything I've read on him says he's got top pairing potential with 40+ upside. If both were available to draft, though, Heiskanen would be my go-to guy.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Heiskanen is the much safer choice but Jokiharju's offensive upside is very similar.

Dobber Sports Deity

I drafted Jokihaju in a couple of my keepers last summer in my drafts so I am well aware of who he is. I can see him and Boqvist being leaders on the back end for Chicago for years. He's legit and undervalued in many leagues. Heiskanen is the better known asset for obvious reasons, but Jokiharju is no slouch himself. He's not at the same level as Heiskanen at this point, but he's closer then many know and for those who don't know him, start reading. You will be hearing his name a lot more once he gets to Chicago in a couple years.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I drafted Jokihaju in a couple of my keepers last summer in my drafts so I am well aware of who he is. I can see him and Boqvist being leaders on the back end for Chicago for years. He's legit and undervalued in many leagues. Heiskanen is the better known asset for obvious reasons, but Jokiharju is no slouch himself. He's not at the same level as Heiskanen at this point, but he's closer then many know and for those who don't know him, start reading. You will be hearing his name a lot more once he gets to Chicago in a couple years.
    I think the Blackhawks are expecting Boqvist and Jokiharju to battle for a roster spot a year from now. Some are even suggesting Jokiharju could play this season. My opinion is that he could get call-ups during the season if he plays in the AHL but he's not ready for full-time job yet - but I think he will be a year from now. I believe he was loaned to the Winterhawks which would make him eligible for the AHL, although I'm not 100% sure about that. Either way, he needs to play pro hockey this season, there's nothing more for him in the WHL.

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I was thinking the same thing
    So was I. Haha

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont understand how so many have never heard of him before. He was a 1st round pick a year ago for god sakes LOL! It's not like he was a 6th round pick who came from nowhere.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

We will have a better idea after Jokiharju’s 1st pro year. It’s not all the guys who can reproduce their junior performances to the pro level... I remember a Ryan Murphy who was a beast in junior and now ...As for Jokiharju, i think is the real deal but for now, Heiskanen is the safest pick.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Great feedback guys ! It was my opinion also that Jokiharju’s offensive potential is not that far off Heiskanen ‘s but that Heiskanen was somewhat a safer pick . I’ll treat Joki accordingly .

Some guys in my league were treating him as a throw-in in some deals . Not so !
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by poolsharks View Post
    Great feedback guys ! It was my opinion also that Jokiharju’s offensive potential is not that far off Heiskanen ‘s but that Heiskanen was somewhat a safer pick . I’ll treat Joki accordingly .

Some guys in my league were treating him as a throw-in in some deals . Not so !
    Good thing you came and asked! Heiskanen is a solid player and the one I’d prefer out of the two but Jokiharju is far from throw-in value and to have that suggested is laughable.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Padawan

Joki also is in a better situation in Chicago where the 1 spot is open..

Miro will have John in front of him for years to come
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)
    D: Chabot, Q.Hughes, Barrie, Sergachev, Burns, Dobson
    G: Price, Hellebuyck
    Reserve: Kakko, Gusev

Dobber Sports Wizard

Just wanted to revive this thread from a month ago for the people who didn't know who Jokiharju is...

Although, to be fair, I was expecting him to start the season in the AHL, so I can't say I saw it coming either.

Dobber Sports Giant

I remember this thread ... I also remember debating between Dylan Sikura and Jokiharju for my last prospect pick, and I went with Sikura. Doesn't always work out, although Joki is still unowned waiting for next year's prospect draft. I'm assuming he will be a hot commodity.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin