Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Josh Donaldson traded to Cleveland

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Josh Donaldson traded to Cleveland

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/ml...ldson-indians/

After nearly four seasons with the Blue Jays, Josh Donaldson?s tenure in Toronto has reportedly come to an end.
    The Blue Jays have agreed to trade the third baseman to the Cleveland Indians. The trade was first reported by Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Josh Donaldson traded to Cleveland

I'm just glad the Yankees or Red Sox missed him. His last two seasons with the Jays have been riddled with injuries. A great player when healthy but at least the Jays got something for him. I doubt he was coming back next season even if he was healthy.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

He would have come back if they had given him a QO. He wouldn't have had anything to lose really. Really poor asset management here IMO.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    He would have come back if they had given him a QO. He wouldn't have had anything to lose really. Really poor asset management here IMO.
    Of course he would but he isn't worth the $18M it would cost the Jays to qualify him and cleary, at this point, with the season he's had, $18M would be a great contract for Donaldson and a terrible contract for the Jays. They are already sucking up Tulo (2 yrs left) and Martin's (1 more year) terrible contracts and dont want a 3rd one on their books next year.

I hate seeing Donaldson traded for pennies but that's where his value vs contract sits. The emotional attachment is great for all Jays fans but the business side of things kick in here and you have to remove emotion when dealing with dollars.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Giant

I’m gonna miss the “Bringer of Rain”... hope he gets healthy again enough to pound out a few decent seasons down the road!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Totally agree. Horrible asset management. Another example of how these two clowns are going to run this team into a pergatory of mediocrity. Get rid of the Prez/GM.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Everyone is talking like they know who the Jays are getting back. Do you? I thought it was a player to be named later....but yeah, he better be a very good piece for the future, otherwise, yikes.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Everyone is talking like they know who the Jays are getting back. Do you? I thought it was a player to be named later....but yeah, he better be a very good piece for the future, otherwise, yikes.
    Yeah, from what I've seen it's a PTBNL. It would make sense for Cleveland if they gave the Jays a few different options, depending on how many games/ABs Donaldon gets for them. I would be curious to know if the full details of the trade would ever get released after the trade is completed.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    No one knows yet, and you can bet no one will like the return. That's the way it works but I find in baseball, even the darkest of horses make the big leagues so I won't pass judgement on a name I don't recognize today.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    No one knows yet, and you can bet no one will like the return. That's the way it works but I find in baseball, even the darkest of horses make the big leagues so I won't pass judgement on a name I don't recognize today.
    Right you are. And hopefully this is the case, but even a slight hit on an unknown doesn’t excuse the laughable asset management.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Right you are. And hopefully this is the case, but even a slight hit on an unknown doesn’t excuse the laughable asset management.
    No argument from me. As I shared in the Blue Jays thread, he should have been dealt two years ago but they were too worried about selling season tickets.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Atkins/Shapiro know who the player is coming back.. In an interview last night Atkins says for contractual reasons they can't release the name but that fans will soon realize who it is.. He also said fans will like the return as this player will fit right in with Vlad, Beau, and Biggio..

Also interesting, Atkins said we are going to probably have two more down years but year 3 is when he hopes to compete with the likes of Boston and New York..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Deity

If there's any bonus at all to dealing with Cleveland, Atkins/Shapiro know their prospects well because they probably scouted and drafted them.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If there's any bonus at all to dealing with Cleveland, Atkins/Shapiro know their prospects well because they probably scouted and drafted them.
    This is a good point, they need to get someone that will be able to start for them in the next 2-3 years and they should know the Cleveland system. Hopefully the farther Cleveland goes the prospect gets conditionaly better.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Titan

The PTBDL has been named now.

Julian Merryweather
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll