Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fantrax - TRADES

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Fantrax - TRADES

ya 6 steps to make a trade offer is ridiculous but i just sent out a few offers and once you get the hang of it , a few clicks and your done! My bigger gripe is the chat format sucks!!
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby4Ever View Post
    ya 6 steps to make a trade offer is ridiculous but i just sent out a few offers and once you get the hang of it , a few clicks and your done! My bigger gripe is the chat format sucks!!
    Where's my offers bobby? lol

Yeah the chat needs work for sure, I keep the old app on my phone simply for the chat.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I think its simple. Just read, do what it says and done. Not really hard. I like it.

Administrator

I figured it out but it isn't intuitive and continues the going trend of Fantrax being subpar in terms of aesthetics/functionality as a site.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Stud

I think it's a small upgrade over the previous set up. I hated the old set up where players' stats weren't displayed, now at least you can see that info but unfortunately it comes at the expense of being able to see both rosters side by side.

I don't get how this is such a hard thing to program, you do get the feeling that the site uses cheap overseas coders who really have no clue about how fantasy sports work. I guess the $80 premium fees and 346 different ads you're subjected to every time you access the site aren't bringing in enough $$$.

It's sad really that Fantrax is this clunky and yet still so much better than any other platform out there.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SergeP View Post
    I think it's a small upgrade over the previous set up. I hated the old set up where players' stats weren't displayed, now at least you can see that info but unfortunately it comes at the expense of being able to see both rosters side by side.

I don't get how this is such a hard thing to program, you do get the feeling that the site uses cheap overseas coders who really have no clue about how fantasy sports work. I guess the $80 premium fees and 346 different ads you're subjected to every time you access the site aren't bringing in enough $$$.

It's sad really that Fantrax is this clunky and yet still so much better than any other platform out there.
    I totally agree it could be much better but I think it's now better than what it used to be... But then again, I always build trade offers in my head or write them to Notepad first, and at that point I have the two rosters on different tabs to make it easier. So I never actually build trade offers on the trade window, I prepare them beforehand and then just make the offer. So yeah, I guess it depends on how you're using it. For me, it works just fine because of the way I'm used to making trade offers. But I understand not everyone does it like I do.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I totally agree it could be much better but I think it's now better than what it used to be... But then again, I always build trade offers in my head or write them to Notepad first, and at that point I have the two rosters on different tabs to make it easier. So I never actually build trade offers on the trade window, I prepare them beforehand and then just make the offer. So yeah, I guess it depends on how you're using it. For me, it works just fine because of the way I'm used to making trade offers. But I understand not everyone does it like I do.
    I always wished they had like a trade negotiations window...a way to kind of send back and forth potential trade packages or offers, without worrying about it being accepted.

Rather than going back and forth through a chat window or emails you could use that specifically discuss the trades.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    This is basically the best way I can characterize the new trade features. If you are a compulsive, neurotic fantasy head like I am your roster / starters / eligibility stuff is going to be perfect when you're putting the trade together and sending the offer. If you're like me, there won't be any problems for you. If you're a bit more casual, and just getting used to the new setup ... there may be some minor obstacles before everyone gets comfortable.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Sophomore

They're working on a messenger system. Where you'll have the option to have a sidebar messenger of league members or your " account" members to where you simply click on a name and chat with them. I suppose very similiar to facebook messenger type of thing.