Thread: Advice - 1st year

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Advice - 1st year

Hello everyone,

It's my first time on the forum and I would like to have some advice in my first year keeper league (see my signature for the league parameters)

I actually have a salary cap of 88,398,735$ (cap space available of 3,026,265$) and 2 spot left (1 scratch and 1 farm)
    The draft is over and we can make any changes that we want until the start of the season.

I have some questions for you :
    1) I want to know if changing Tarasenko (7.5m) to Patrick Kane (10.5m) could be a smart move : Kane was used to have a pts/g ratio instead of Tarasenko (never had that). But next year, Tarasenko will have a better support offensively than Kane. Am I better with Tarasenko?
    2) If I keep Tarasenko, I was thinking to add another scratch and probably another farm. For the scratch player, I hesitate between Puljujarvi and Heinen. For the farm, between Jesperi Kotkaniemi, Robert Thomas, Adam Fox and Kirill Kaprizov). Any suggestions?
    3) As you can see, I put Svechnikov in my lineup instead of the farm. This way I only have 8 players that I will be sure to protect at the end of the year. I will probably protect McAvoy or Werenski (depending of the next contract) and one between Andersen and Saros. I also consider to protect my 2 keepers, but only one is activated... Who do you recommend?

Thank you very much for your help
    Last edited by ACC90; August 30, 2018 at 10:02 AM. Reason: mistake
    10 Keepers Salary Cap League (96,025,000M Cap - Players CAP-HIT)
    8 Teams / 12 FW, 6 D, 1G, 4 Scratches
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

F: 1xG + 1xA
    D: 2xG + 1xA
    G: 2xW + 1xOTL + 1xSO

F: Hintz, J. Hughes, Schmaltz, Zacha, Hyman, Novak, Hartman, Stamkos, Knies, Marchessault, Konecny, Monahan,
    D: Heiskanen, Andersson, Sergachev, Mintyukov, Addison, Guhle

G: Shesterkin

Scratch : Dach, Wheeler, Eklund,
    Lundkvist
    FARM : Edvinsson, Stankoven, Kulich, Musty, Leonard, Hutson

The Great One

Default Re: Advice - 1st year

I would keep Tank over Kane. If you are trying to win this year, I'd take Heinen...but if you are thinking longer term, I'd go Pulju. For the farm, I like Thomas (then Kotkaniemi). Good luck. In fact, I'd grab both those guys are drop Abramov.

Thank you!

Yeah I always loved Columbus so that's why I took Abramov, his offensive upside is unpredictable... Robert Thomas is a beast but I'm really worried about his ice-time with the addition of Schenn last year and recently of O'Reilly and Bozak.
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

F: Hintz, J. Hughes, Schmaltz, Zacha, Hyman, Novak, Hartman, Stamkos, Knies, Marchessault, Konecny, Monahan,

Lundkvist

Dobber Sports Padawan

I like Tank over Kane and JP over Heinen. As for the farm, if you are willing to risk it and can wait, Kaprizov, if he comes over, is regarded as the best prospect NOT playing in the NHL right now. Could absolutely be worth waiting out on. If you don't want to wait, I'd go Thomas. Even with the additions in St. Louis, Thomas is going to be a monster!
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Genius

Tarasenko over Kane (cap reasons)
    Heinen over Puljujarvi (one-year reasons)
    Kaprizov over Abramov (hype reasons)
    Thomas over Kotkaniemi (because this reason)
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Thank you guys for your advices

I will keep Tarasenko and change Abramov for Thomas
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

Lundkvist