Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dumping Price

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Dumping Price

^^ I am in a couple of leagues with very similar CATS (and exactly the same goalie CATS). I am also a notorious goalie-have GM (sometimes to the detriment of my own team). With "saves" as a CAT I fully endorse having 3 starters. I own Price in one league and Lundqvist in the other. Both are cap-leagues. I am all to familiar with trying to shoe-horn goalies under the cap.

If you can flip Price and Lundqvist for Rask ($7M) and Smith ($5.6M) you are shaving $6M off the top. Add Talbot's $4.1M and you are looking at $16.7M of your $79.5M on goalies. This is do-able.

You said earlier that you are $22M over the cap and 5 players over. If you can package your excess with the goalies to A) lighten your goaltending cap load, and B) shed enough salary to get close to the cap then you are on the way to working your self out of your pickle.

Should you go this route you have to acknowledge that you are going for it this season. Three 30+ goalies and Crosby as a base says, "I'm playing for this year". That said, you then want to keep Karlsson. Worry about his salary at a later date. Someone will trade you something for Karlsson next summer.

Good luck!
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Price and Karlsson traded for Rask and Chabot.

What this means is Price will bounce back to be the star he once was and Rask will be tormented by my horrific goaltender luck - Bruins are doomed goleafsgo.
    I decided to take Sergechev and Debrincat off the table, and decided to take back a cheap young Dman rather than a 2.5M winger.

FYI the GM I traded Price to has serious cap issues now and just traded Pat Kane for a 3rd round draft pick!

Im thinking to trade Nylander now for Krug.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    ^^ I am in a couple of leagues with very similar CATS (and exactly the same goalie CATS). I am also a notorious goalie-have GM (sometimes to the detriment of my own team). With "saves" as a CAT I fully endorse having 3 starters. I own Price in one league and Lundqvist in the other. Both are cap-leagues. I am all to familiar with trying to shoe-horn goalies under the cap.

If you can flip Price and Lundqvist for Rask ($7M) and Smith ($5.6M) you are shaving $6M off the top. Add Talbot's $4.1M and you are looking at $16.7M of your $79.5M on goalies. This is do-able.

You said earlier that you are $22M over the cap and 5 players over. If you can package your excess with the goalies to A) lighten your goaltending cap load, and B) shed enough salary to get close to the cap then you are on the way to working your self out of your pickle.

Should you go this route you have to acknowledge that you are going for it this season. Three 30+ goalies and Crosby as a base says, "I'm playing for this year". That said, you then want to keep Karlsson. Worry about his salary at a later date. Someone will trade you something for Karlsson next summer.

Good luck!
    KFHL - 14 Team H2H keeper,NHLsalcap, protect 17/20, (4D, 3X(C,RW,LW), 2G, filler to 20, plus 2IR) ten waivers picks per season.
    Cats Skaters: G/A/Pts/BLK/HITS/SOG/PIM/GWG/SHP/PPP; Goalies W/SO/GAA/SvPct/SOG
    C: Crosby, Kadri, RNH, Roslovic
    LW: Hall, Lindblom, Kubalic, Bratt, Lemieux, Gurianov
    RW: Palmieri, Niederreiter dropping soon, Wheeler
    D: Chabot, Josi, Gustafsson, Krug, McNabb
    G: Rask, Bishop, Binnington

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Just to update on this - I traded Price and Karlsson for Rask and Chabot at the start.

I'm near the top even though Rask has not shown up yet, but Chabots making an unexpected difference. Better good than lucky.

I just want to say Price is still way overrated, especially for 10.5M
    KFHL - 14 Team H2H keeper,NHLsalcap, protect 17/20, (4D, 3X(C,RW,LW), 2G, filler to 20, plus 2IR) ten waivers picks per season.
    Cats Skaters: G/A/Pts/BLK/HITS/SOG/PIM/GWG/SHP/PPP; Goalies W/SO/GAA/SvPct/SOG
    C: Crosby, Kadri, RNH, Roslovic
    LW: Hall, Lindblom, Kubalic, Bratt, Lemieux, Gurianov
    RW: Palmieri, Niederreiter dropping soon, Wheeler
    D: Chabot, Josi, Gustafsson, Krug, McNabb
    G: Rask, Bishop, Binnington