Thread: Farabee?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Farabee?

I've read up a bit on him and what seems to stand out is that he is a great skater, but he needs to get stronger.

My question is : If he indeed builds up his frame, will that hurt his skating ability/make him less agile and affect his production?

Thanks!
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Farabee?

my guess would be that its going to be muscles not beer belly Trainers that will work on with him on whatever he needs to improve on will know what to do.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    my guess would be that its going to be muscles not beer belly Trainers that will work on with him on whatever he needs to improve on will know what to do.
    From what I read, he has a slight frame, so "not getting killed in the NHL" is the 1st goal. Just wondering if, with a less slight frame he'll be less agile and if so, how it'll affect his game (which he's built around his agility until now).
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Legend

I watched him in prospect camp and he was excellent. He was also excellent in the World Junior Showcase. He needs to bulk up his frame the way Turris and Ehlers needed/need to. That said, Hextall was gushing over him during prospect camp, saying that his deception is elite level... when he gets the puck on his stick you don't know if he's going to pass or shoot because he hides it well and when he does shoot, he has impressive accuracy. From what I've seen in Farabee, I'll say this... he certainly has that "it factor" that players like Parise and Schwartz have. A knack - right place at right time and wonderful instincts.

As for "bulking up," I don't see Farabee putting on so much weight that it hinders his mobility or flexibility. When Peter Forsberg entered the NHL in 1993-94 as a rookie, he was bone thin. I remember seeing the first game he ever played - it was a preseason game vs. the Flyers at the Spectrum. I was down at the glass in warm-ups and I couldn't believe how thin and frail he looked. By year three, you could tell he bulked up, put on some weight, and increased his core strength. Not that Farabee will ever play the type of game Forsberg did, but I see him filling out in a similar fashion.

Dobber Sports Pro

I don’t think ?bulking up’ will affect his game... The guy is just too smart, he got elite hockey sense so i’m not worried for him.