Thread: My last Keeper

Dobber Sports Novice

Default My last Keeper

Have to choose my last keeper. Points-Only.
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G starting. 40 players total per team, 10 teams' league. Keep 15 players.

Actually this is for an expansion draft. So the new team will pick some players that I don't protect.

The ones with * are currently not protecting. I have one more to protect! Your suggestions please!

C
    McDavid
    Draisaitl
    Seguin
    Couture*
    Duchene*
    Horvat*

LW
    Panarin
    Connor
    Schwartz
    Pacioretty*
    Zucker*
    Miller*
    Athanasiou*

RW
    Kucherov
    Marner
    Pavelski*
    Buchnevich*
    Lindhom*

D
    Klingberg
    Pietrangelo
    Rieilly
    Sergachev
    Miller*
    Parayko*
    Spurgeon*

G
    Murray
    Fleury
    Anderson*
    Comrie*

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: My last Keeper

I would keep Murray over Comrie.
    I would Pavelski for the last keeper. I think it's close between him and Miller though.

Dobber Sports Novice

Oups my * were wrong for my goalies!
    Of course I'm going to protect Murray & Fleury over Craig Anderson et Comrie.

Actually this is for an expansion draft. So the new team will pick some players that I don't protect.

Yes I'm hesitating between Pavelski & Miller. I have more depth on the LW so I don't mind losing Miller on short term. + Pavelski will definitively help me for the champ title.
    That being said, Pavelski is older so less attractive for the new team so I doubt he get pick!
    That's part of my dilemma...

Thanks for the comment!

The Magnificent One

I'm down to JT Miller or Pavelski too. Personally I think Miller has found a good fit on Tampa and probably will coast to the mid 60s, which is probably near the ceiling for Pavs these days, so if it was me I'd opt for protecting Miller over Pavs. But let me emphasize that it's close enough that Pavs would be reasonable too.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Novice

I have the chance to land William Karlsson for 39th overall pick. That would be a still (the guy also have difficulties to protect anyone).
    That's mean I would leave both Miller & Pavelski available... what do you think?
    Or I can leave Karlsson available so they won't pick my Pavelski or Miller...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    I have the chance to land William Karlsson for 39th overall pick. That would be a still (the guy also have difficulties to protect anyone).
    That's mean I would leave both Miller & Pavelski available... what do you think?
    Or I can leave Karlsson available so they won't pick my Pavelski or Miller...
    I would not make that trade. You are already debating on 2 players for your last spot. No need to add a third guy to that equation.
    I have a hard time believing W. Karlsson will repeat his numbers from last season. Miller and/or Pavelski have a good shot at outscoring him this season. They should all be around the same range.
    I would not waste my pick unless its a clear upgrade
    12 Team H2H Keep 6
    Scoring Cats - Players: G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHG, GWG
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1G (locked in for the week)

C: Malkin, Kuznetsov, Larkin, Couture
    LW: Hall, DeBrincat, Fiala
    RW: Kucherov, J.T. Miller
    D: Theodore, Gustafsson, Pulock
    G: Hellebuyck, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd go with Miller.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports Novice

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brosive View Post
    I would not make that trade. You are already debating on 2 players for your last spot. No need to add a third guy to that equation.
    I have a hard time believing W. Karlsson will repeat his numbers from last season. Miller and/or Pavelski have a good shot at outscoring him this season. They should all be around the same range.
    I would not waste my pick unless its a clear upgrade
    Would be an upgrade at center over Couture/Duchene/Horvat... but maybe not.

The new team will take 3 guys total in my team.
    He takes one, I can protect an extra.
    He takes a second one, I can protect an extra.
    He takes a 3rd one.

So I wish he takes per exemple Couture so I could protect Pavelski.
    Than I wish he's going to take Zucker so I could protect Buchnevich and secure my RW.
    He could take Duchene or Horvat with his 3rd pick...

If I get Karlsson, I'm pretty sure it's going to be his first pick if I don't secure him. But I will still have both Duchene & Horvat on my team at the end of the day...
    39th overall pick for Duchene/Horvat is fabulous in my mind... that's the way I see it.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I vote Pavelski

Due for a bounce back

Throw out Oct and Nov, and he had 54 pts in the last 59 games

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I keep JT Miller here. This is not an ordinary keeper, but an expansion protection list. So GM mindset matters, and considering how many are being protected, he isn't winning the league this year (or next, probably).

With Pavelski's age, there is a very high likelihood he is passed over for someone younger.
    With Miller, he's the slam dunk 1st guy I take off your roster, due to productivity, age, & situation.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.