Thread: Biggest 1 year league in the world, (165 teams, 11 divisions, 5K to winner!)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Biggest 1 year league in the world, (165 teams, 11 divisions, 5K to winner!)

It's this time of the year again, and our league, The Puck Hogs Local 242 is gearing up for its 18th season! Last year we had 11 divisions, good for 165 teams total, and we're now shooting for 15 divisions and 225 teams!!

We have members from the US, Canada, France (that would be me!) Australia, Russia, and many other places.

100$ to get in, huge prizes (winner last year got home a pretty nice 5K, yeup, you read that right!) but mostly, mostly, a tremendous amount of fun!

Each division has a full universe of NHL players so you won't need to fight over Arizona 4th liners.

Everybody's welcome, whether you are a newbie or a spreadsheet monkey memorizing QMJHL scouting reports. Winning it all won't be that easy though, and to me it's just the perfect combination of fun and competition.

We have a ton of fun on our message board (clever trash-talk, insightful commentary on NHL ice girls, etc), and some of us even get together for a somewhat annual event: Puckapalooza (past locations: Hartford, Seattle, Las Vegas, Philadelphia, Toronto, Los Angeles). I actually flew in, all the way form France, to join the guys for a Pond Hockey Tournament in Colorado, and it was a blast!

We also have cool trophies and awards including The Bucket, awarded annually to our league champion, that travels from country to country. Some vets in the league are after this since more than a decade. Note of importance, I won it my first year in the league, four years ago! Dang, seems like a long time ago now!

Our beloved commish actually worked on Bucket 2.0 last summer, and there are even a mini trophies for every winner to keep now! http://www.puckhogslocal242.com/the-bucket.html

A few links to help you get a better idea of what it's all about:

The boards: http://phl242.com/smf/index.php

Rules and Payouts: http://puckhogslocal242.com/rules.html(not sure if this link doesn't work well from a phone, if you can't access the rules from a laptot, feel free to reach out and i'll email it to you.)

Rule overview: One Year League, Regular Season Total Points, H2H Playoffs, 225 teams (!?), 15 divisions (!?), 15 teams in each division (individual drafts)

Rosters: 4 Forwards
    4 Dmen
    2 Utilities
    2 Goalies
    5 Bench

Scoring: (G, A, +/- , PIM, PPG, SHG, SHA, GWG, HAT, SOG, HIT, BLOCK, WIN, GA, SV, SO, OTL)

If you have any questions, just post here, pm me, or email me at [email protected], I'll be very happy to answer you.

I know we're posting this every year, but I'm so thankfull I jumped in a few years ago, just want to offer the opportunity to more people to join as well, since it's really a great league, with a bunch of cool guys!

Hope to see you around this year!
    105 teams (7 divisions of 15 teams with indivual drafts), Regular Season Points Total, Playoffs H2H Points, One Year League $$$
    Start 4F, 4D, 2U, 2G daily, 5 bench
    G, A, +/- (important cat), PIM, PPG, SHG, SHA, GWG, HAT, SOG, WIN, GA, SV, SO, OTL

F:
    D:
    G:
    IR:

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Biggest 1 year league in the world, (165 teams, 11 divisions, 5K to winner!)

Hey, I can vouch for this league, mainly because I'm the commish. See our video below and get hyped to join us!

https://youtu.be/ucXivZdk61U

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Biggest 1 year league in the world, (165 teams, 11 divisions, 5K to winner!)

Many new managers jumping in, feel free to ask here or in pm if you have any question!
    105 teams (7 divisions of 15 teams with indivual drafts), Regular Season Points Total, Playoffs H2H Points, One Year League $$$
    G, A, +/- (important cat), PIM, PPG, SHG, SHA, GWG, HAT, SOG, WIN, GA, SV, SO, OTL

F:
    D:
    G:
    IR:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

First draft is just 10 days away, and there's still room to join!

F:
    D:
    G:
    IR:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Already 118 managers all paid up! Come join the fun!

F:
    D:
    G:
    IR:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

This is it, we know track at more than 165 people. Expansion is a go! Still a lot of room to join and draft before the beginning of the season. Several draft dates available!

F:
    D:
    G:
    IR:

Dobber Sports Sophomore

35 new recruits this year, we're going to crush 200 members! Come join

Dobber Sports Prodigy

We're already at 13 divisions and there is still room for more, it is not to late to join!

F:
    D:
    G:
    IR:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

This it, we have only a handfull more spots open for our final 13th division! Just pm me for more infos!

F:
    D:
    G:
    IR:

Dobber Sports Rookie

any more openings?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

anyone else that would like to join?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

We finally opened a 14th division drafting tuesday night! Only 5 spots left, those are gona be the last ones for this year!

F:
    D:
    G:
    IR: