Thread: looking for stat service that accomplishes this.......

Dobber Sports Master

Default looking for stat service that accomplishes this.......

every year I co-host my work pool and thanks to a few sales reps that I deal with I've been able to use them to hand out pool sheets to get more poolies . Some years we've gotten 75+ pools for a prize pot of over 700 +

I've been the sucker entering everyones roster into pikuphockey.com every year , putting out fires when someone says they picked so and so and I send them a text mssg photo of their entry sheet that exposes they are wrong etc. and I'm kinda tired of it .

I know fantrax would be perfect for this but they charge premium for a duplicate player league .

I'd like to find a service that comes in a little cheaper than a fantrax premium league that would allow the fellas interested in this pool to pick their own teams by a certain deadline . pay fee through said service . This way I wouldnt be stuck entering rosters for 6 hours on the eve of nhl night .

does officepools or something similar offer this ?

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Re: looking for stat service that accomplishes this.......

officepools does have a box style setup of that's what you are looking for and they charge $20.... however they don't have a collection fee service (unless something has changed)... the only site that I know of that has that kind of option is Fantrax
    11 Team Salary Cap Dynasty League
    Points & +/- total points only

Team

F - Rantanen, Stone, Guentzel, Crosby, Sprong, Cirelli, Mantha, Yamamoto, Dvorak, Kyrou, Kapanen
    D - Krug, Carlson, Theodore, Hanifin, S.Jones, Cernak
    G - Fleury, Price

Points Category - Players G, A, +/- //// Goalies 2W - 3 SO - 1 OTL

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by beleaf View Post
    officepools does have a box style setup of that's what you are looking for and they charge $20.... however they don't have a collection fee service (unless something has changed)... the only site that I know of that has that kind of option is Fantrax
    I'm trying to convince the fantrax fellas that charging premium for a duplicate player league is backwards thinking

thanks for heads up

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I know fantrax would be perfect for this but they charge premium for a duplicate player league .

I'd like to find a service that comes in a little cheaper than a fantrax premium league that would allow the fellas interested in this pool to pick their own teams by a certain deadline . pay fee through said service . This way I wouldnt be stuck entering rosters for 6 hours on the eve of nhl night .
    How much is premium? Like $80? If so just build that into the cost of hosting the pool. 75 people aren't going to care that a fraction of the prize pool is spent on hosting.

I too have entered many a hockey pool's entry forms in to a website. I swore that next time I ran one I was paying someone $20 an hour to do it for me and the pool would pay for it. If that costs $80 then so be it.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    How much is premium? Like $80? If so just build that into the cost of hosting the pool. 75 people aren't going to care that a fraction of the prize pool is spent on hosting.

I too have entered many a hockey pool's entry forms in to a website. I swore that next time I ran one I was paying someone $20 an hour to do it for me and the pool would pay for it. If that costs $80 then so be it.
    moving from simply filling out a sheet with your choices and handing over 10 bucks to one of the organizers to having to register and figure out how fantrax works might be a bit much a a casual poolie so it would be a transition year for the pool with possibly less entries as a result . Also , we cant predict how many poolies we'd have so distributing the 80 bucks fantrax fee over X amount of poolies would be just guessing but I suppose I can just say ''hey , 80 bucks is coming off the top from the prize pool for admin fees'' so it wouldnt matter if we got 50 poolies or 70.

the more I think about it though , 10% seems like a lot coming off the top for admin especially if the projected prize pot is 500-700