Thread: Got picks 6 and 8

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Got picks 6 and 8

Set up is a Dynasty Keeper (Points are a premium, peripherals PIM, Hits etc are just a small factor at 0.25)

My team is rebuilding, my oldest roster player is only 27. I do need more help on forward but I believe in drafting best player available. The pool of players to draft from is the first round of the 2018 draft plus any second+ rounders from prior drafts and free agents who played their first NHL game last season (so guys like Butcher, Demko, Debrincat, Donato, Dunn...)

I am figuring the first 5 picks are going to be Dahlin-Svechnikov-Debrincat-Zadina-Hughes...which at 6 leaves me a nice pool of Wahlstrom, Tkachuk, Dobson, Kotkaniemi etc...
    I am thinking Wahlstrom here for the goals.
    When my pick 8 comes around I will still have a good litter available of possibly Dobson, Kotka, Tkachuk...but then also where would you rank guys Like Donato, Butcher, Dunn and Demko in this set up? Would you draft any of them at pick 8 over let's say a guy like Kotka or Kravtsov?

Appreciate any opinions and input from the experts here. Thanks!

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Got picks 6 and 8

Personally I would be looking at Wahlstrom, and then Tkachuk or Kotkaniemi. I normally hate drafting prospect Dmen, as not only are they much harder to project but they also take longer to make their mark. You'll get better bang for your buck, value-wise, drafting forwards.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

How many teams are in this league??
    When do you pick again after #8??
    What does your team look like now??
    There is some pretty good talent available around 6-8.. I'm wondering if you could also acquire #7 and #9.. Then you could grab 4 of, for example, Demko/Bouchard/Butcher/Tkachuk/Wahlstrom/Donato
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Novice

It's a 24 Team League and I won't be picking again until the 4th round.
    I ended up trading a low 2nd and a 3rd with K. Bellows for R. Thomas and what turned out to be 8th overall.

I speculated about trading down and pick up extra picks but this year guys have been bullish on their picks in this draft. The best so far would be 2 back to back picks late in the first.
    That would put me in the Veleno, Bokk (possibly Troy Terry, Andreas Johansson) etc territory

Team wise I am doing pretty well with Draisaitl, Granlund, Kucherov, Rakell, Aho, Teravainen and stashed away are Thomas, Jost, Eriksson-Ek, Mittelstadt, Vesalainen, Juolevi....

Dobber Sports Padawan

If Donato is still available at 8, personally I'd jump on that faster than...I can't think of anything.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov