Thread: Hockey season..active GM looking for a good league!!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Hockey season..active GM looking for a good league!!

Ive been in lots of leagues over the years and had to bail on many since the activity is usually a joke.Especially in free leagues.Im as active as they come and borderline addicted to fantasy hockey/baseball.Id really like to get in at least 1 very active,solid hockey league for the upcoming season.I typically prefer ESPN but would consider Fantrax as well.Hate Yahoo so no thanks!.Im willing to pay up to $50 for the right league.Main things I look for are some form of chat in the league(so it doesnt feel like Im playing with a bunch of robots)I like the interaction with other owners.Must be either keeper or dynasty.Redraft isnt of interest.I also dont do roto settings.Its got to be H2H points or cats.Otherwise Im open to whatever.I'll take an existing team or join a new league..if you got something..hit me up!

Thanks!

[email protected]

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: Hockey season..active GM looking for a good league!!

I prefer fantrax as well but I got a cool yahoo league if you change your mind. We got a reknown Finish writer to the group and many knowledgeable guys. There are Euros in this league so its early at 8am pacific time monday morning. You can prerank your players. Its a deep H2H cats league so lots of opportunity for sleepers. Yahoo still hasn't added guys like Kotkaniemi or Makar but you know they are always late. It will be fun. I sent you a link. Cheers

Yea thanks but just not interested in Yahoo's set up.Sorry I wasnt aware it was a pay league until I had joined.Figured if it was free Id give it a shot.Sorry man.

Dobber Sports Rookie

np. had other members that wanted it to be a pay league. its a good way to trim the fat too i feel. if you change your mind, you got til midnight tonight.

I'm the commish of a 20-team cap/dynasty H2H league that's very active. All the owners participate in a WhatsApp chat where there is daily activity, even during the summer. Mostly Canadians, a handful of Americans and Norwegians, but all very knowledgeable people. Lots of trading, and it is a 3rd year league so we've had a chance to work out some of the bugs. We've got one open team that a new owner would inherit. The only thing that might discourage you is the $79 price. Shoot me a note at [email protected] if you are interested in finding out more and give me a basic resume. Thanks!

20-team NHL cap keeper; auction salaries w/contracts; 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 3B, 18 farm
    H2H Cat Wins: G, A, Pts, 2G+A, DPts, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, FO%, STG, GWG, G Wins, GAA, Save %, ShO
    C: Stamkos, Toews, DRyan, Compher, Fisher, Haula
    LW: Lucic, Tkachuk, Eriksson Ek, Connor
    RW: Radulov, Tarasenko, JWilliams, Point, Callahan
    D: Braun, Del Zotto, McNabb, CMiller, Petry, Subban, Butcher
    G: Andersen, Rinne
    Farm: Anderson-Dolan, Beaudin, O?Regan, Suzuki, Kayumov, Bastian, Pu, Meloche, Pionk, Poolman, Montembault, Hill

Sent you an email Finminer.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Hey, I'm an officer in a league with 130+ teams in a number of different divisions. We, just like you, are completely addicted to fantasy hockey and are extremely active. We run through ESPN, just the way you like it, and have a message board and multiple social media outlets through which you can communicate with other managers. We firmly believe in developing the community and you seem to have a similar mentality of wanting to get to know the people behind the teams. We have done multiple in-person draft parties during league sanctioned trips to Vegas and also have annual "Puckapalooza" events that offer you a chance to meet up with managers and do something indisputably fun. Last year we had a group of over 30 travel to Silverthorne, CO and compete in a pond hockey tournament with an A-team and a B-team. All of this is obviously optional, but causes a lot of that communication you're looking for by building relationships. We also have a community driven podcast and a grand prize last year of $5000. The one hiccup for you that I can see is that the entry fee is $100, but the bright side there is that you know everyone who signs up will be taking it as seriously as you do. You won't need to worry about a team dropping out or being inactive. Please email me at [email protected] or [email protected], I really hope to hear back!