Thread: Going for the win. Do I trade Zadina and 1st round pick 2019 ? Dynasty league

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Going for the win. Do I trade Zadina and 1st round pick 2019 ? Dynasty league

Hi guys! -for the league in sig-

Like the title says, I want to win this year. Ive come very close last year in the playoffs finals but the other GM had a little more juice than me.

I was wondering if trading my best prospect (Zadina) and my 1st pick next year (likely 12th-16th overall) for immediate help would be a good idea?

Also, Im not really sure what kind of player I could and should get with this package, how valuable the combination of both is? Is it worth sacrifying my futur for a chance at the championship?

I know its kinda vague but who should I target (looking at my team needs)? I'd like to get an establish player thats not to old or a rising star that hasnt hit is ceilling yet so that he would help me be competitive now and a couple years down the road.

I also know that my trading partner in that case should probably be a rebuilding team or a team that lacks good prospect/picks.

tldr: what's the best return you think I could get for Zadina and a 1st 2019 AND should I do it or keep what I have.

thanks for the help!

J.
    16 teams Dynasty H2H, 25 Pro 17 Farm 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 6B
    Cats: G, A, P, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

C: Mackinnon, Matthews, Seguin(RW), Stamkos(LW/RW), Couturier
    LW: E. Kane, Pacioretty, Rakell(RW), Miller(RW), Palat, Johnsson
    RW: Voracek, Dadonov(LW), Pavelski(C), Eberle, Olofsson
    D: Burns, Jones, Ristolainen, Gustafsson, Weber, Fowler, D.Toews
    G: Hellebucyk, Varlamov, Mrazek

Farm: R.Suzuki, Garland, Kostin, A.Thomas, Appleton,
    Kahun, Marody, Dorofeyev, Paul, Lizotte, Fox, ¨Perunovich, Beaudin, Rosen, Walker, Brook

Default Re: Going for the win. Do I trade Zadina and 1st round pick 2019 ? Dynasty league

I could name a bunch of players but these kinds of trades only work because either A) A team is really bad and is committing to a full rebuild or B) You know a GM is too in love with Zadina.

Check out the bottom 2-4 teams in your league and list some of their best players and I am sure advice could be more impactful. Otherwise it's just guesses with players that might be owned by teams who aren't prepared to lose impact players for future considerations.
    10 Team - Limited Keeper based off Standings
    G (5 points), A (5), STP (1), PIM (0.3), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blks (.2), W (7 points), SO (7), Saves (0.2), GA (-1)

F:Laine, Eichel, Marner, Keller, Landeskog, Schmaltz, Skinner, Palat, Saad, Domi
    D:Karlsson,Fowler, Klefbom
    G:Talbot, Bishop, Schneider, Crawford
    Prospects:Dubios, DeBrincat, Tuch, Girard, Kerfoot

Keep 13 for 2018, For sure keepers in bold - maybe keepers italic
    2nd Overall Pick 2018

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Going for the win. Do I trade Zadina and 1st round pick 2019 ? Dynasty league

This doesn't seem like a decision that needs to be made right now. Wait till you're approaching your trade deadline to make the assessment. You will also have way more activity so could likely drive up the price as the 2019 draft approaches.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter9 View Post
    This doesn't seem like a decision that needs to be made right now. Wait till you're approaching your trade deadline to make the assessment. You will also have way more activity so could likely drive up the price as the 2019 draft approaches.
    yup, this. for two reasons. 1. Zadina COULD be that immediate help..
    2. you need to find out what your roster needs actually are come mid-season.

A couple injuries and you're out of it? You probably want Zadina and that 1st back (oops?)

If you're in it and a MC stud would put you over the top and there's one sitting on a bottom feeder - boom - jackpot. Let your league sort the standings out a bit before you go and trade away all your assets (before you actually need to use them)
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter9 View Post
    This is your best bet. Your team doesn't (currently) have any glaring holes for a 16 team league. Obviously trades/injuries may change that, but waiting till the deadline is the route to go.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

thx guys for the sound advices! Ill follow what most of you say and stand path for now. I hadnt think of it that way and it makes sense to wait into the season/trade deadline to make such a move.

..is it October yet?! lol

Kahun, Marody, Dorofeyev, Paul, Lizotte, Fox, ¨Perunovich, Beaudin, Rosen, Walker, Brook

Dobber Sports Padawan

Just adding to the chorus here, Zadina is a winger too and the right age for you to transition when guys like Voracek and zuccarello start to slide. Stand pat, as you say

Dobber Sports Rookie

You've already got your advice and it's sound. I just wanted to say that I have often fell victim to the need to trade when unnecessary, patience is hard and a learned talent. Re-evaluate 2 months into the season, see where you stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Business View Post
    You've already got your advice and it's sound. I just wanted to say that I have often fell victim to the need to trade when unnecessary, patience is hard and a learned talent. Re-evaluate 2 months into the season, see where you stand.
    Haha yeah, I kinda have the same problem here, where I always want to trade / upgrade my team.. And since we are in the middle of August and that nothing really happens, I try to get my fix by cooking up anything that comes to my mind lol.

Dobber Sports Ace

Like others have said win now mode comes around trade deadline. Have more idea how you season is going. Never know how season going to go. Could have stacked team and just run into mass injuries to ruin your season.
    12 team, H2H points, limited keepers
    allowed 6 keeper players(PLAYER DRAFTED IN RDS 1-8 NOT ABLE TO BE KEEPER)
    Daily starts

16 man roster plus 1 IR
    start 6 forwards,4 d, 2 goalies

pts: G=3, A=2, DA=3, DG=5, +/-=1 GWG=1, OTG=2, OTA=1, PPG=2, PPA=1, SHG=3, SHA=1, HT=3, SHOOTOUT GOAL=1
    BLKS=.25, HITS=.25, MAJ=2

Goalie pts: WINS=5, SAVES=.20, GA=-1, SO=3
    SHOG SAVE=.50, SHOL=2

forwards: M.TKACHUK(k),MARCHAND(k),SCHEIFELE(k)
    BENN, GAUDREAU*, COUTURIER*
    d: M.RIELLY(k), JOSI*, MCAVOY*, ELLIS
    goalies :TALBOT* DEMKO MAF
    (k)=keeper
    *= no keeper eligibility
    bencH: KOPITAR* R. GRAVES ROBERTSON KREJCI
    IR E.PETTERSSON(k)