Thread: Trade Help

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Trade Help

So right now I have a trade on the table that I'm iffy on.

League info, PPR, 10 team, Keep 4 (or 5, forfeit your 1st round pick if you keep 5)
    QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, Flex, DST, K
    I pick 5th overall

It's his Amari Cooper + 17th pick for Baldwin, Ajai + 12th

My team is Julio Jones, Michael Thomas, Kareem Hunt, Jordan Howard, Doug Baldwin, Jay Ajai then a bunch of nothings.

So if I do the trade, my team would be
    Julio Jones (WR)
    Michael Thomas (WR)
    Kareem Hunt (RB)
    Jordan Howard (RB)
    Amari Cooper (WR) - 1st round pick

Also, he's in the mood to revamp his team, and his team includes players like:
    Antonio Brown, Le'Veon Bell, Melvin Gordon, Adam Theilen, Demaryius Thomas, Amari Cooper, Josh Gordon, then some others. Is there a trade that can be fair that centers around:

My Julio Jones, Baldwin, Ajayi and picks for his Antonio Brown, and Amari Cooper?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Trade Help

He's offered:
    His Bell or Brown, Cooper, Theilen
    for
    My Thomas+Hunt

Keepers would be (O-Rank in brackets):
    Bell (2) or Brown (5)
    Julio Jones (10)
    Theilen (20)
    Howard (28)
    Cooper (33)

Then I have Baldwin (38) to try and trade for a pick?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

This is a tough one...

I really like Thomas (assuming Michael) to have a significantly better year than last year. I expect Brees to have to be better becasue Kamara can not produce as significantly as last year. So I think Brees will throw more TDs and Thomas will increase his TD #s and still have amazing catch and yardage totals.

But on the other side... I fully expect Hunt to have a sophomore slump. He has a new quarterback and Spencer Ware is back. So I think it will be the typical Reid offence where the RBs split carries 70-30 and Ware will steal some of Hunt's production.

On the other side of the equation.

I expect Bell you be used like a Monster Truck this year. He has made it known that he is not going to play in Pittsburgh next year... so Pittsburgh is not going to save him for next year. This could be bad or good. Depends if he slows down after the year from the workload or if he slows down right at fantasy playoffs. Expecially with his workload last year and the year before.. he might only make it through the first half of the year... then it could hit. And sitting out training camp and all... he might have a slow start again. I might take a chance on Bell having a slow first couple games, and Hunt having a good first couple games and trade them straight across..

Brown - You cant make the trade for Brown as that leaves you with only 1 RB keeper.. I don't like this. If you like this idea.. I would suggest offering Hunt and Howard for Bell and a pick or something.

Cooper - I expect a bounceback season... and I heard some stat about how Gruden ALWAYS has a receiver that reaches 1,000 yards... I think Cooper is the most likely of that group.

Thielen Simply I think last year was a one-off year... and that this year Diggs becomes the true #1 and Thielen is more of a complimentary piece. I would much rather have Baldwin over Thielen. So if you were to make the trade I would trade Thielen for a pick and keep Baldwin.

What pick would you be able to get for Thielen or Baldwin?

After thinking about it... it is a very difficult decision... But I think I make the move and hope Bell doesn't tire out. You have more WR depth to replace Thomas (especially with my expecations for Cooper) And I fully expect Bell to be better than Hunt in 75% of the games... just hopefully that 25% isn't the playoffs.

You have to factor in the cost of the 1st rounder, that's where I am hung up. Personally, Baldwin and Cooper are the same player fantasy-wise, imo. Both are boom/busts on any given week having bottom 2nd round adp (12 team league). I have zero problem with you keeping Julio Jones, Michael Thomas, Kareem Hunt, Jordan Howard, Doug Baldwin - either way you lose a first, and I don't see an upgrade for you after the trade. I'm not as high on Cooper as others in the community. More name than substance.

Ajayi you might be able to sang at your 5th overall spot, should you choose.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Titan

So I ended up doing the trade:
    My Hunt+M.Thomas for Bell+Theilen+Cooper

then I flipped Baldwin+18th (last pick) for a 7th pick.

When I saw 7th pick, I mean the 3rd round after keepers (3rd or 2nd, depending on teams keeping 4 or 5). So it'll be like a 25-30th top player after keepers.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Bell's is going to destroy Hunt this year, especially in ppr format. I like
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Stud

Eeek
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK