Thread: Jake Wise ceiling

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Jake Wise ceiling

Hello dobber nation! At the draft, i was surprised to see Wise go down to 69th overall... wish my Habs took a chance on him with all the picks they had! Only future will tell. I wanna know where you see him in 3-4 years?Im very high on him and i see top 6 potential. What you guys think?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Jake Wise ceiling

From everything I've gathered on Wise I was pleased he was there for the picking in the 5th round of my main fantasy draft. He was found in a lot of Pre draft rankings in the 20-30 range. The Canucksarmy have a great predraft write up on him with a lot of analytics. If you're an Athletic subscriber (which I'd recommend) Wheeler has spoken of him pretty highly as well. Normally a high rated guy falling in the draft worry me but not with him. I think his injury and slow start soured a lot of scouts for the wrong reasons. We'll see how he does in his freshman year at BU but I can see him having top 6 potential. 3-4 yeas down the road I think he'll definitely have an NHL career.
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

Dobber Sports Sage

From everything I have read his ceiling is a #2C. Quite a few analysts had him going towards the end of the 1st round. If he didn't miss the 1st half of the season due to injury he would have been a 1st rounder. His pts/game was comparable to Farabee and Wise was on the 2nd line without playing with Wahlstrom and Hughes. Great pick for the Hawks in the 3rd round and excellent value for you in the 5th round.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Pro

Glad to hear this! I got him at #55 in my draft! Possible steal... Thanks for the infos guys.