Thread: Columbus Defence

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Columbus Defence

Can both of them be 50 point defenceman? I like what Jones did last year but weirenski is no slouch?. Can they both be 50+ and who scored more goals?
    10 Team Full Keeper.
    Goals:3, Assist:2, PPP/SHP: 1, Hit: .2, Sog: .2 ,Blocks: .2
    Win:3, Shutout: 2, Save: .2, GoalAgainst: -1

Forwards: Gadreau, Monohan, Draisaitl,
    P.Kane,Pastranek,Panarin,Bergeron,Voracek,Kuznetso v,huberdeau

Defence: Hamilton,Doughty,Josi ,Ghost

Goalies: Bob,Helleybuck,Rittich

Farm: Kratsov,Q.Hughes, Suzucki, Whalstrom, puljarvi

Head to Head points based. Keep 3F,2D,1G
    Goals2,Assist1,Gwg1,Hatrick3,ShG1,SGWG1,Pim.2,+/- .5, Ppg1,Shg2

F: Gadreau,Ehlers,Johansen
    D:Risto,Parayko
    G:Vasilevski

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Columbus Defence

Yes, they can both be 50 point defensemen.

I look no further than the team that Seth Jones came from.... Nashivlle has Subban and Josi and they are both 50 point d-men.

Yes that is true they do. But will they be able to match that? Only nashville off the top of my head has 2 50 point defence its usually like what pit has whete letang could get 50 but Schultz wont. And as a side note which one is the goal scorer? I imagine one would be 12g 43a and the other only mustering 6-8 goals.

Dobber Sports Expert

Rielly & Gardiner both hit 52 pts last season. I wouldn't be shocked if they did it again. Jones and Werenski could do the same.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Slickricks View Post
    Yes that is true they do. But will they be able to match that? Only nashville off the top of my head has 2 50 point defence its usually like what pit has whete letang could get 50 but Schultz wont. And as a side note which one is the goal scorer? I imagine one would be 12g 43a and the other only mustering 6-8 goals.
    But comparing to Pittsburgh is not like comparing to NAshville.

Pittsburgh Has Crosby and Malkin who demand a lot of points themselves.

In Nashville they don't have a 100 point players... spread out the offense. I would argue Columbus is closer to that.

Some other teams that had two 50 points D-men last year.

Toronto (Gardiner and Reilly)
    Minnesota (Dumba and Suter) - not to mention Spurgeon had 37 in 61 games which is 50 point pace.

Teams that had two 40 point D men:

Tampa (Hedman and Sergachev) - Sergachev was a rookie...can he not improve on his rookie season?
    Philly (Provorov and Ghost)
    Los Angeles (Doughty and Muzzin)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Nashville routinely has Josi & PK in the upper 50's if not 60's with Ellis over 40. Calgary a couple years back had 3 over 40 as well - gio, ham, brodie... I think both with knock over 50pts this year
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I currently own Jones, and I am considerring a trade offer of Werenski. I think for this season, they could both hit in the 50s. The elephant in the room is the Panarin situation. What happens if he leaves? They are both major talents, but there would have to be some consequence.
    9 Team Dynasty Pool. 30 Players, 20 Active (12 F, 6 D, 2 G). 10 Reserves. 20 Roster moves allowed per season.
    Forwards Points Only, D Points, Hits, Blocks, Goalies Wins and Shutouts.
    Drop 10 players in the offseason for free agent draft before season.

Forwards: Barzal, Forsberg, Guentzl, Buchnevic, Barkov, W. Nylander, P. Kane, Crosby, Fiala, Zibanejad, Vrana, Zuccarello, Pavelski, Tarasenko, Kreider, B. Schenn
    Defence: Fox, Sergachev, Pietrangelo, Letang, Karlsson, Hamilton, Spurgeon, Sandin, Boqvist, Matheson

Goal: Hellebuyck, Campbell, Skinner, Murray

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yes they both can be 50 point defensemen, but Jones is getting PP1. They are pretty equal in the goal department.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Nashville uses 2 D on PP1 and Toronto had 2 balanced PP units so those aren’t good comparisons. Jones was the solo D on PP1 at the end of the year, so I wouldn’t bet on Werenski getting to 50.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think that Werenski is a 50 pts defencemen but just not this year. Once Panarin is gone, because he's clearly not resigning with the BJ, colombus will go back with 2D on PP1.

Beside I also think they are using the same tactics the Leafs did with Morgan Reilly. They now have Jones that is quarterbacking PP1 and is doing it really well so why put Werenski on it?. Let him work on the defensive side of his game so he doesn't boost his stats

and use it as leverage in the upcoming contract negotiation. They know the Jones contract will be one of the best in the league for years to come and surely don't want a huge gap in the salaries to avoid any frustration on Jones sides .

Not saying they will restraint Werenski, just saying that they have no reason to give him the full opportunity when he's RFA at the end of the year and Jones is doing more than a fine job on PP1.
    1st League
    75M 10 Teams Cap League using AVV, Point only,Keep 7F 4D 1G
    22 Man Roster :13F,7D, 2G. 1P (G) 1P (A) 2P (W) 1P (OTL) 1P (SO)
    F: Marner, Wheeler, Kucherov, Point, , Stone, Barkov, Boeser, Coyle, Fabbri, Labanc, Silfverberg, Pearson, Burakovsky
    D: Ceci, Hamilton, Carlson, Severson, Keith, Gostisbehere, Carrick
    G: Murray, Crawford
    Rookie Bank : Keller, Hishchier, Barzal, Mittlestatd, Pettersson, White, Kunin, Pulock