Thread: No Headphone Jack

Dobber Sports Titan

Default No Headphone Jack

So I upgraded from a LG G4 to a Pixel 2 phone, and when I got it, I then remembered there's no headphone jack in the Pixel 2. So there's 2 options I can do for headphones now, 1 is bluetooth headphones, the 2nd is USB type C headphones.

Pretty much wanna know how people like bluetooth headphones, specifically earbuds because that's the type I'd get, as I dislike the overear ones. What bluetooth earbuds would you recommend? I'm just using them for casual listening at home, and would be using them on trips, so I don't really need to spend $100+ on them.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: No Headphone Jack

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SYLL...656c4c4dUs2IAi

I bought these off Ali Express a while back, I run/jog, cut the lawn, shovel the driveway with them, they stay in place and have great sound/distance.

I'd recommend them, or something along those lines. The little silicon ear piece to hold them in place is key.

Dobber Sports Initiate

+1 for pixel2. Great device and runs Android Pie. The pixel devices will be first to get latest updates because they are pure google phones. Nice, clean device. I personally prefer over the ear so cant comment on that, but can confirm that you made a solid upgrade!
    Keeper Team: $300 Auction draft, 10 F, 5 D, 3 G, 5 Bench
    Keep For Following Year: 3 F, 2 D, 1 G

11 Team, Rotisserie G A PTS +/- PIMS PPG PPA SHP GWG W GAA SV% SO

F: Marner, Eichel, Hughes, Crosby, Kopitar, Rust, O'Reilly, Giroux, Horvat, Palat, Podkolzin, Jenner, Copp*, Colton*
    D:
    Toews, Byram, Letang, Theodore, Hamilton
    G:
    Campbell, Fleury, Knight, Quick
    IR: *Cirelli, *DeBrusk

Dobber Sports Sage

The problem I have had with Bluetooth headphones is that their battery life is so short. One pair was 3 hours or so and the other was around 2 hours. Granted, I bought 2 pairs under $50 each.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by B3tt3rMan View Post
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SYLL...656c4c4dUs2IAi

I bought these off Ali Express a while back, I run/jog, cut the lawn, shovel the driveway with them, they stay in place and have great sound/distance.

I'd recommend them, or something along those lines. The little silicon ear piece to hold them in place is key.
    No need to wait weeks for overseas shipping, Amazon offers a similar product that I've purchased in the past. It was a great entry way to bluetooth earbuds given the cost and quality.

https://www.amazon.ca/Headphones-Par...ywords=parasom

In fact I switched to a $150 pair and I didn't find it to be as comfortable given how small the actual earpieces and volume control were on the cheaper pair above.

Eventually I switched to the Apple Airpods but I don't really recommend them to anyone unless portability is a major purchase factor.

My advice is to buy the Parasom brand from Amazon that I linked. It's cheap enough that if you like the feel of bluetooth earbuds (trust me it's a big difference vs wired, some people cannot stand the volume control device dangling/smacking their neck when they are running, etc), then you can invest in a more expensive pair.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    My advice is to buy the Parasom brand from Amazon that I linked. It's cheap enough that if you like the feel of bluetooth earbuds (trust me it's a big difference vs wired, some people cannot stand the volume control device dangling/smacking their neck when they are running, etc), then you can invest in a more expensive pair.
    I had a $150 pair of UE headphones like that, the receiver/battery on one side only was annoying, kept catching when snow shoveling, sold em on Kijiji and got the two weighted ones.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    No need to wait weeks for overseas shipping, Amazon offers a similar product that I've purchased in the past. It was a great entry way to bluetooth earbuds given the cost and quality.

https://www.amazon.ca/Headphones-Par...ywords=parasom

In fact I switched to a $150 pair and I didn't find it to be as comfortable given how small the actual earpieces and volume control were on the cheaper pair above.

Eventually I switched to the Apple Airpods but I don't really recommend them to anyone unless portability is a major purchase factor.

I second the Parasoms from Amazon! Great quality/price buds! I have the green ones FWIW
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Initiate

Any reco on over the ear Bluetooth headphones? I have Amazon prime so happy to shop there