Thread: Does draisaitl stick at RW?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Does draisaitl stick at RW?

Long term, is draisaitl center only, or does he keep his RW eligibility? The oilers have some very good wingers coming up, so if someone like Yamamoto sticks with mcdavid, draisaitl goes back to center.
    He's really young, contract is gonna be considered really good in a few years, considering how high guys r signing for now, and in a down year he had 70 points. But if he loses RW eligibility, it could change things. I could get tarasenko for him. I like draisaitl as a RW more than tank, but not sure if he's just a center. Any thoughts?

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Does draisaitl stick at RW?

I think he's a 2nd line center from here on out, and will only play with McDavid in PP and OT situations. Edmonton's PP will be better than it was last season (it can't NOT be, right?) and that might help his numbers a little, but without McDavid full time I think he lingers around 70 pts, which is still good but not as good as the PPG he could put up as a winger with McD.

You'd get that from Tarasenko too and you know he's always going to be a winger, so it might not be a bad idea to make the move if you're worried Drai will lose his RW status. I think he will eventually.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Deity

So is your question about eligibility for fantasy rosters or just a generalized question?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Both. If he is center only, then his value drops, no? At least it is so on my team where I am already stacked at center.

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont think any of us can answer your question about where he ends up playing next year. I do think he plays more center then wing but it wouldn't surprise me to see him on McDavids wing at differing times through out the season as well. I do believe he will primarily be used as a center but should get enough time at wing to keep his eligibility for a while at least. Also depends on where your league is housed (ie - fantrax, ESPN, Yahoo...) as different companies will use differing variables when it comes to handing out position eligibility.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

I meant more long term, not just this coming year. This year I agree with u, hell definitely see time with mcdavid, but once their younger wingers such as puljuuarvi and Yamamoto carve out their spots, he might not get any time at wing.

Dobber Sports Deity

Maybe, maybe not. We don't even know how long McLellan will be there at head coach. A new coach could change directions.

Why is this a concern?

Administrator

Long-term you have to assume he'll continue playing both roles based on which way the wind is blowing. It's nothing new for lines to shuffle throughout the NHL season.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Legend

That is a very good question. I think for short-term success, he may. However, if the Oil want to win anything significant long-term, they will need him to be able to carry his own line and dominate, aka Sid/Geno.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    That is a very good question. I think for short-term success, he may. However, if the Oil want to fin anything significant long-term, they will need him to be able to carry his own line and dominate, aka Sid/Geno.
    Boom. I came here to post the Malkin/Crosby thingy.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Boom. I came here to post the Malkin/Crosby thingy.
    Right?? Yes, Gino still gets cast as a C and when the team needs a goal he gets out there with Sid from time to time. I bank on Draisaitl being in the exact same position. I think it's dual for a while.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Pro

Oiler's management and coaching have maintained, since Dri signed his big deal, that each center will be deployed with his OWN line. They want to build a team where McDavid is 1C and Dri is the clear 2C, the rub being they are still searching for some scoring wingers. Consider this formation the norm and not the exception or the "sometimes deployment" going forward.
    Both these guys can drive the offensive play on there own with McDavid clearly being the elite of elite options. Where they will almost always play together is the #1PP and 3 on 3 OT where the McDavid/Dri duo have proven to be murderous against other teams. It's the special teams deployment that Dri gets his extra boost in value but treat him as a 2C and if he maintains dual status in fantasy leagues, take it while you can.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

As a Draisaitl owner the only thing I can say is this isn't the year to sell. Lets wait a year and see where he fits with a team in serious flux. Hes the second best player on a team that has Mcdavid, hes bound to see powerplay time with him. Id hold for a year until we can get a better handle on how good the Oilers are. Just my opinion.
    10 team, H2H, keep 10 + 1 player designated NA, Yahoo league, Daily changes.
    G, A, PPP, SOG, GWG, +-, SHP, PIM, BLK
    GS, W, L, SVPC, GAA, SHO
    C C C RW RW RW LW LW LW D D D D UTIL UTIL (no goalies) GOALIE GOALIE BENCH BENCH BENCH BENCH BENCH BENCH BENCH IR IR NA

Dobber Sports Padawan

He's the 2C from now on since Nuge is gonna be on the LW next season