Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Trocheck the Real Deal?has some alarms

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Is Trocheck the Real Deal?has some alarms

Just been offered a deal for one of my premiere players. Just curious as to whether what we saw from him last year will become his norm for production. It?s a points only pool, g?s and a?s. Based on last year he is a bargain in a cap pool, 70-75 pts at an Aav of 4.75 mil is a steal if he can continue to produce at these levels. Does Hoffman coming in help him maintain or even progress further or does this adddition take away from him? He still has 4 yrs left before he will get a sizeable raise, versus the 6 yrs left of my player. I know he is not of the same caliber player that the gm wants in return from me, he has included other pieces, I just wanna know what the people think of Trocheck ability to sustain or even improve on what we saw of him last year. 20 pt jump in one year is a nice surprise if you own that player but if acquiring, for me, is giving off alarms.

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Ian Trocheck the Real Deal?has some alarms

I’d guess 70-75 is about the ceiling for Trocheck as far as point production is concerned. He’s a wonderful player, and just a great asset in any multi-category / ROTO formats. I just don’t think we can reliably bank on point totals like we saw last year. I’m thinking more like 60-65 with the incredible stat coverage as the new norm. There are a lot of highly talented mouths to feed on Florida’s burgeoning roster.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Ian Trocheck the Real Deal?has some alarms

“Is Trocheck.....”, lol, not IAN. Can a mod fix please?

That was kind of what I was think too? After three pretty consistent years of 45-55 pts, and with a ton a good players to spread the ice time and power play with I feel a regression this year is pretty realistic. If I can have the trade address this to accommodate what my team needs are it may be doable.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Is Trocheck the Real Deal?has some alarms

Trocheck is a beast in multi cat, but I agree that his ceiling is about what we saw last season with his 2C deployment. More than likely he will be in the 60-70 range. Then again, Barkov may have had healthy season last year, but he is still on the band aid boy list for a reason. If Barkov were to go down for any sustained period of time Trocheck's ceiling would move up.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Administrator

Maybe a small drop but I'm not worried about Trocheck. Definitely worth owning in pts-only at such a low cap hit.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

I’d say lasts years production is likely on the high end but that he shouldn’t drop much lower. He’ll be a steal in a cap league.

Which player is the other GM looking to get anyway and what’s the overall offer?
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Ninja

Some very good replies above. I'm in the same camp, very legit player, more valuable in roto than a straight points league. He's close to his upside, but I think he can certainly repeat last seasons points year after year.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ace

Like others have said above...he really stars in a multi cat setting. But I think he can be around 65 points regularly as a 2c but can also flirt with 70ish some years. For a 2c that plays an all around game, those points numbers are pretty darn solid. At his cap hit, even in a points only league, he's still a good value.

Dobber Sports Stud

Worries me that they could push him off PP1 like Ehlers; however his shot volume is excellent.

60 pt floor is pretty damn good

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'd say 55-60 points should be his normal. I wouldn't give up a "premiere" player, but I guess that depends on your definition.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Depends if he stays on PP1 or not. He's no Malkin level talent for sure, but he is easily one of the best 2nd line centers in the league, looks like Flordia will have a bevy of talented wingers for both centers to play around with for years to come (Herberdon't, Hoffman, Tippet, Heponiemi, Borgstrom).
    If Trocheck can stick on that 1st pp unit, don't see why 70-ish points can't become the norm for him with 60 being floor and 75-80 being ceiling.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports Padawan

50 floor 75 ceiling imo

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyKing View Post
    50 floor 75 ceiling imo
    This sums it up and I would say he will repeat over 70 more often than people think. He is a special player and was part of an elite crew growing up, playing on the same Bell Tire Selects team as Dylan Larkin as early teens. They took 9 players to tournaments and walloped the competition. He and Larkin are cut from the same cloth. Hard working, smart players who will put up the points.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Cool, thanks for the replies!

Dobber Sports Ninja

He's a solid, durable, consistent player. He finally got consistent PP1 time this season and it shows in his point spike last year.

Criminally underrated - mostly because he doesn't play on the big line in FLA. I wouldn't expect more than 70 out of him though.