Thread: Best pick for rebuild

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Best pick for rebuild

I've got a few years of rebuilding to do, would you reach for Wahlstrom or Kravstov over Donato, Sikura, and/or Thomas? I've got a decent bunch of A- prospects so I am willing to risk a whiff for guys with a high ceiling. Points only league, I can stash them in the minors for a few years.
    Thanks

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Best pick for rebuild

You might not hear this alot, as the hype train hasn't arrived to the station, but I think Donato is going to really surprise some people.. This kid has some major talent and scoring ability.. Wahlstrom may get more goals then Donato but I think Donato gets more points..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    You might not hear this alot, as the hype train hasn't arrived to the station, but I think Donato is going to really surprise some people.. This kid has some major talent and scoring ability.. Wahlstrom may get more goals then Donato but I think Donato gets more points..
    Donato > Zadina long term? I can maybe trade up to get Zadina, but I have #5 so its looking like I will be able to grt one of Donato/Wahlstrom at least. Is it worth trying to trade up do you think or are they close enough that you'd just wait and be happy with any of the 3?

Dobber Sports Titan

I would rather Thomas or Zadina over Donato.
    I also think Donato is more likely to slip if you have another pick in the early teens I think you can get him there.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Donato is not a hot commodity, so you can definitely afford to wait on him or even trade for him before the season starts.. I would recommend Zadina forsure!!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Donato is not a hot commodity, so you can definitely afford to wait on him or even trade for him before the season starts.. I would recommend Zadina forsure!!
    Yeah my initial question was Donato, Thomas, Wahlstrom or Kravtsov. Zadina better than all of these IMO but these 4 I would hope to be available at #5, Zadina likely gone at #3.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'd probably go Wahlstrom, Thomas, Kravtsov, Donato and then Sikura.
    12 Team Keeper League, 28 Player Roster

G, A, PTS, +/-, PPG, SHG, GWG, PPA, HT, GHHT
    W, GA, SV, SHO

C: Barkov, Barzal, Dubois, Point
    LW: Fiala, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Svechnikov
    RW: Ehlers, Kyrou,​S. Reinhart, Tomasino
    D: Bouchard, Ekblad, Makar, R. Merkley, Rielly, Theodore
    Bench: K. Johnson, Harley
    Minors: Johnston, McTavish, Clarke
    G: Saros, Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Gerb View Post
    Yeah my initial question was Donato, Thomas, Wahlstrom or Kravtsov. Zadina better than all of these IMO but these 4 I would hope to be available at #5, Zadina likely gone at #3.
    I will definitely be in the minority here, but I am taking Donato #1 out of those 4.. But would try and trade up for Zadina and you may be able to get Donato with your next pick..

Dobber Sports Padawan

Zadina
    Thomas
    Donato
    Wahlstrom
    Kravtsov (but maybe not far off from Wahlstrom)
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    Zadina
    Thomas
    Donato
    Wahlstrom
    Kravtsov (but maybe not far off from Wahlstrom)
    thats how most of the rankings ive seen have thrm, but a lot of the drafts being poted in the other thread have Wahlstrom going 4th behind Zadina. They maybe have deeper minors than my league so only this years draftees are relevant. Maybe thats it.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Gerb View Post
    thats how most of the rankings ive seen have thrm, but a lot of the drafts being poted in the other thread have Wahlstrom going 4th behind Zadina. They maybe have deeper minors than my league so only this years draftees are relevant. Maybe thats it.
    I can't comment much on drafts that include past rookies along with the 2018 picks but in my pool, which only drafts from the current year, I can actually see Wahlstrom dropping to me at 5 and Tkachuk going at 4 behind Dahlin, Svechnikov and Zadina. We tend to draft relatively close to how the actual draft went. Minus some D men here and there. Of course, Zadina won't fall past 3rd in our pool but besides him, it'll be somewhat the same. Until it comes to my turn. No way I'd pass on Wahlstrom at 5th OA.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov