Thread: Ullmark vs. Korpisalo

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Ullmark vs. Korpisalo

I'm in a 14-team H2H cap keeper league - cats are wins, saves, SV%, GAA, SO. I have Bob and Price, and I need a cheap third. I want the CBJ handcuff but the Korpisalo owner won't deal.

Ullmark is on my farm team. We start 2G daily, and you can choose to roster two goalies but most teams roster three. Could Ullmark get me a sufficient amount of starts as #3 or am I much better off with the CBJ handcuff? I see from this thread that some people think Ullmark might split starts with Hutton - would that be enough in this setup?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Ullmark vs. Korpisalo

I think that should be all you need. Never overpay for a backup goalie.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks. Even where goalies are very valuable? Five of 16 cats in this league.

Dobber Sports Titan

I would rather Ullmark than Korpi for next season, so yes I think you're okay.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Novice

Great, thank you. I guess the handcuff is not as big of an advantage as I thought.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dominpat Roysek View Post
    Great, thank you. I guess the handcuff is not as big of an advantage as I thought.
    I agree with Ullmark being the guy you want. Handcuffs are great to cover for injuries, or guys prone to sucking for stretches, but not much more than that.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Novice

Ullmark would be my choice as well. Potential to be the number 1 if Hutton fails to impress, will likely play a larger number of games than Korpisalo and will likely replace Hutton in a couple of years. Korpisalo is playing backup to a great goalie who has proven himself to be pretty consistent.
    H2H Dynasty League. 16 Teams.Scoring Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)

C- Eichel, Kuznetsov, Petterson, Stamkos, Stastny, Thomas, Bozak
    LW - Drouin, Athanasiou, McCann, Vatrano, Johnsson,
    RW - Kane, Marner, Sprong, Strome, Fiala
    D- Manson, Ceci, C. Miller, Cernak, Juulsen
    G- Rask, Bishop, Lehner, Ullmark

Minors- Bracco, Vesalainen, Katchouk, Dahlen, Hill, R. Suzuki, Lavoie, Brink, Woll, Ersson
    2020 Picks: 1,2,2,2,2 RD; 2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3 RD

The Great One

Stick with Ullmark if you can't acquire Korpi for a song and a dance.

Dobber Sports Deity

Ullmark is the easy choice today but Korpi isn't too far behind. Korpi has starter potential as well IMO and it will be interesting to see what direction CBJ goes in a year when Bobrovsky is a UFA and demanding Carey Price money.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Close but i'm leaning Ullmark