Thread: Pietroangelo vs OEL

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Pietroangelo vs OEL

Earlier I posted a comparison between Byfuglien and Pietroangelo and although it was close, in a points only comparison, majority of the replies were to go with Buff. So now I want to see what people think of these 2 in a points only. Once again (and this is why it is Pietroangelo being compared), the triplets for Pietroangelo has been a talking point and I don't know if I should or shouldn't be worried of that. On the other hand, OEL already signed his contract (doesn't have to play for a contract this year) and, something I never knew, only hit above 50 pts in 1 year. Who would you go with and do you think both can get 50+ pts next year?
    6 Team Keeper.
    Salary Cap $108M with 3 players at 75% price. Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, W= 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1

12 F, 6 D, 2 G, 8 Reserves (any position)

Forwards
    Pastrnak $8.4, Eichel $7.5, MacKinnon $9.4, Ovechkin $9.5, JT Miller $8.0, RNH $5.1, Malkin $6.1, Marchand $6.1, Rust $5.1, Stephenson $2.7, M. Raymond $0.9, Terry $7.0, Duchene $3.0, P Kane $0.0, Mittelstadt $2.5, Kreider $6.5
    Defence
    Sandin $1.4, Montour $3.5, R Andersson $4.5, Barrie $4.5, J Carlson $8.0, McAvoy $9.5, Giordano $0.8, Byram $3.8, Hedman $7.8
    Goalies
    Vasilevsky $9.5, Kuemper $5.2, F Andersen $3.4, Korpisalo $4.0

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Pietroangelo vs OEL

Yes, you should be somewhat worried about Pietrangelo's triplets, but not too worried. I think he falls short of 50 points this season. Next season, he'll be playing for a new contract so I'd expect him to have a big year then (although I'd expect the Blues to try and lock him up long term next summer).
    I'm a big believer in OEL. He's got the talent, it's a matter of the team around him giving him some help. I think that finally happens this season. Their goalie was very good in the second half last year, their young forwards are only going to get better. I think he hits 50 this year.
    And if you are worried about OEL's next contract, yes, he will be expensive and it could be an issue, but Pietrangelo's gonna sign his next deal one year later, and will be just as (or probably even more) expensive.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Padawan

ill lean PieTro

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Damn, that is a tough one, almost is a flip a coin lol but i'd lean a little more toward OEL.

Big Daddy

This really is just a pick ?em. Either one will do. I?d personally go with OEL.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Piets for me. I'm really liking the improved St Louis team this year. I expect he hits 50 this season.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Pietrangelo
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Genius

Pietrangelo for me.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Newbie

I would flip a coin for this one