Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Should I offer Tavares & a low-end forward for Rantanen & Landeskog?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Should I offer Tavares & a low-end forward for Rantanen & Landeskog?

Trying to decide if this offer makes sense. League in sig, and it's basically points only, but there's a small efficiency boost to have NHL teammates. With Tavares now on Toronto, he is devalued to me, even if he produces the exact same stats. Getting Rantanen & Landeskog gives an efficiency boost to MacKinnon, and he to them.

The boost comes down to how many assists are needed to convert a potential goal into a goal, based on some charts, and having NHL teammates on the same line. Thankfully we no longer have actual dice rolls being used. The league predates most - we've been going since the late 1990's. No real danger of folding.

I think Rantanen is likely 90% of Tavares, and that's close enough. Landeskog would be an upgrade on my bottom forwards.

Forwards I'd consider offering are below, the first two are likely drops for me after rookie draft:
    Namestnikov
    Nyquist
    Tuch
    Bjorkstrand

Thanks in advance for replies, I probably cannot rep all of you, but will try.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Should I offer Tavares & a low-end forward for Rantanen & Landeskog?

Keep tavares no matter what your settings are imo.

Landeskog not worth it imo. Even if your teamate boost (i don’t know how that is calculated), i would still keep tavares down the line.

You could trade rantanen for marner/nylander? I would rather have a tavares any day
    Keep 6 - 14 team H2H Yahoo - Categories: G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG FW HIT BLK / GS W GAA SV% SHO
    C: T.Thompson, Aho
    LW: B.Tkachuk, M. Tkachuk
    RW:
    D: Dahlin, Fox, Mcavoy
    G:

The Great One

Default Re: Should I offer Tavares & a low-end forward for Rantanen & Landeskog?

I've said it in many a thread, but those expecting big things from Tavares should be prepared for disappointment. Babcock doesn't give out ice time the way Tavares is used to, meaning he'll get 90 second less of total ice time and a 50% reduction in PP Time if Babcock holds true to what he did last season. If you can use Tavares to get Rantanen and another asset, I think it's something seriously worth exploring.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Master

I made the following trades involving JT this summer with no regrets whatsoever.

tavares for nolan patrick & rikard rakell

tavares for seguin & k. bellows

tavares straight up for draisaitl

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I made the following trades involving JT this summer with no regrets whatsoever.

Wow. Complete abandon ship Some decent returns there though.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    I've said it in many a thread, but those expecting big things from Tavares should be prepared for disappointment. Babcock doesn't give out ice time the way Tavares is used to, meaning he'll get 90 second less of total ice time and a 50% reduction in PP Time if Babcock holds true to what he did last season. If you can use Tavares to get Rantanen and another asset, I think it's something seriously worth exploring.
    wouldn't you hate it though if Tavares does end up a 100 pts player and you actually had him but traded? I'd keep him this year just to check, even though his value might decrease by end of season
    Keep 6 - 14 team H2H Yahoo - Categories: G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG FW HIT BLK / GS W GAA SV% SHO
    C: T.Thompson, Aho
    LW: B.Tkachuk, M. Tkachuk
    RW:
    D: Dahlin, Fox, Mcavoy
    G:

Dobber Sports All-Star

I would like to see Tavares deployment in TO before I trade him for anything but damn close to his worth from last season.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Tavares
    12 team H2H - Points
    Cats G (1.25) A (1) GWG (1) SHG (.75) PPP (.25) PIM (.15) SOG (.20) BLK/HITS (.20) FW/FL (+/- .10)
    GOALIES W (2) GA (-.25) SV (.10) SO (3)

FORWARDS (START 6 DAILY CHANGES)

MCDAVID
    PASTRNAK
    PETTERSSON
    SVECHNIKOV
    B TKACHUK
    V NICHUSHKIN
    ERIKKSON EK
    O TIPPET
    T MEIER
    LARKIN (IR)

DEFENSE (START 3)

DAHLIN
    JOSI
    DOBSON

GOALIES (START 2)

VASILEVSKIY
    SAROS
    SOROKIN
    SHESTERKIN

Dobber Sports Initiate

If it helps knowing the kind of return you could be looking for, I traded Tavares and C. Crawford for Tarasenko and Matt Murray in my league.
    8tm Keep 7FWD,4D,1G
    C,3LW,3RW,5D,2G (positional game played cap)
    G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PM(0.5),PPP(1),GW(1),S(0.4),W(4),SV(0.2),GA(-1),SO(2)
    C:Aho, Barkov, Pavelski(RW), Nugent-Hop(LW)
    R:Rantanen, Pasta, Konecny
    L:Guentzel, Gaudreau, Keller(RW), Benn
    D:Makar, Karlsson, Sergachev, Dobson, Hronek, Sanderson
    G:Vasilevskiy, Hart, Kuemper, Kotchetkov, Husso

Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post
    Keep tavares no matter what your settings are imo.

Landeskog not worth it imo. Even if your teamate boost (i don’t know how that is calculated), i would still keep tavares down the line.

You could trade rantanen for marner/nylander? I would rather have a tavares any day
    I don't have Rantanen, and cannot get any Maple Leaf forwards of note to go with Tavares. Frankly, the guys I can get wouldn't crack my lineup, maybe not my roster.

I'd be getting Rantanen & Landeskog for Tavares and a forward I am cutting post-draft.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post

I like the 2nd deal a lot, and the last deal is a challenge trade, a slight upgrade if you break out forward slots.

Big Daddy

Surprised to see how many of you are down on Tavares here. I?d keep him and try to pick up a Leafs winger to pair him with. It is anyone?s guess as to what the lines will look like this season. The early rumours are:

Marleau - Matthews - Nylander
    Hyman - Tavares - Marner

But you know those lines will get shuffled up a bit. I?d take a chance at acquiring any of the above to pair with Tavares, even an Andreas Johnsson could do you well (assuming he could crack your lineup).

Dobber Sports Initiate

You know I'm a Leafs fan Steve, gotta go JT here. I think the return is great with Rantanen and Lando, plus it will be nice to own linemates, but Tavares is far too enticing to let go before watching any games. He and Marner can make magic this year. I would hold. Also assume that Lando has to take the place of another forward? So likely isn't a two for one with you dropping whoever is being offered alongside JT anyways.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Agreed. From a leafs fan, seel into the euphoria

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I feel that’s a good return. Is the boost significant enough? I’d still like to keep Tavares