Thread: Provorov vs Dahlin

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Provorov vs Dahlin

I'm torn. I have a big soft spot for Provorov but got this offer:

Provorov, Tkachuk, and a 2018 2nd Round Pick and 2019 3rd Round Pick for the 1st overall pick...

Do I value Provorov to highly?

Help!
    16 Team H2H Dynasty League
    Scoring Cats: G, A, PTS, +/-, TOI, SOG, HITS, BLKS, STP, W, L, SV, SO, GAA, SV%

Main Team:
    F: McDavid, Kucherov, Pastrnak, M.Tkachuk, Guentzel, Eichel, Pettersson, Scheifele, Ovechkin, Teravainen, S.Reinhart, Buchnevich, Bjorkstrand, Cirelli, Norris
    D: Carlson, Burns, Trouba, Dahlin, Pulock, Heiskanen, Toews, Weegar
    G: Petersen, Vasilevskiy, Markstrom

Minor Team (No Restrictions):
    F: Zadina, Cozens, N.Robertson, Holtz, Benn, Gallagher, Jarvis, Pelletier
    D: K.Miller, Byram, Brannstrom, Perunovich, Addison, Harley, Kylington
    G: Oettinger, Wallstedt, Fleury

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Provorov vs Dahlin

I would pull the trigger. Since you have the depth it won't hurt you too much now, and you could just possibly have the best forward, defenseman, and goalie in the league down the road. (McDavid, Dahlin, Hellebuyck)

Dobber Sports Jedi

If you do it, you lose this deal for 2-4 years. Be prepared for that reality
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    If you do it, you lose this deal for 2-4 years. Be prepared for that reality
    Oh I'm thinking about that reality right now.

Main Team:
    F: McDavid, Kucherov, Pastrnak, M.Tkachuk, Guentzel, Eichel, Pettersson, Scheifele, Ovechkin, Teravainen, S.Reinhart, Buchnevich, Bjorkstrand, Cirelli, Norris

Dobber Sports Genius

Your team is insanely good, and deep, and dare I say 'unbeatable'. Your minor league team looks better than most peoples main team. LOL. You have such an embarrassment of riches you can afford to make a few moves that may defy conventional logic. If you want that #1 pick to grab Dahlin because you want to own and cheer for Dahlin, then you have enough of a war chest to make it happen.

As a hockey deal in your league. I would rather have Tkachuk and Provorov (and the picks) over the 18-year-old phenom Dahlin. That said, Provorov and Tkachuk are still on your minor league team so it not like you would feel the loss.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by jolo1922 View Post
    Oh I'm thinking about that reality right now.
    it's really the peripheral cats you'll get burned as Dahlin could put up comparable offensive stats this year. He'll just never match Provorov in hits or blocks. Any likelihood you can counter with OEL?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Your team is insanely good, and deep, and dare I say 'unbeatable'. Your minor league team looks better than most peoples main team. LOL. You have such an embarrassment of riches you can afford to make a few moves that may defy conventional logic. If you want that #1 pick to grab Dahlin because you want to own and cheer for Dahlin, then you have enough of a war chest to make it happen.

As a hockey deal in your league. I would rather have Tkachuk and Provorov (and the picks) over the 18-year-old phenom Dahlin. That said, Provorov and Tkachuk are still on your minor league team so it not like you would feel the loss.
    Fair point Moses. I guess it depends on if I truly believe the Dahlin hype. For our minor league team we have two "call-ups" per week where we can bring up any number of players to maximize the amount of man games played in a given week. So Provy and Tkachuk are very much a part of my main team.

Main Team:

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    it's really the peripheral cats you'll get burned as Dahlin could put up comparable offensive stats this year. He'll just never match Provorov in hits or blocks. Any likelihood you can counter with OEL?
    Funny you say that. I did and he didn't like that OEL was 27...(age is a big deal to the GMs in this league)

Main Team:

Dobber Sports Jedi

Funny you say that. I did and he didn't like that OEL was 27...(age is a big deal to the GMs in this league)
    I'd rather give Parayko & Brannstrom/Chabot than Provorov - with your settings

You've got the depth to pull this off and not flinch. Brannstrom's going to have very limited value in this league set up. I would think that type of counter wouldn't ruin negotiations either.

It's what I would do - Parayko, Brannstrom, Tkachuk, 2nd, 3rd - Dahlin.

If he wanted Chabot, I wouldn't blink.

The Great One

Fair point Moses. I guess it depends on if I truly believe the Dahlin hype. For our minor league team we have two "call-ups" per week where we can bring up any number of players to maximize the amount of man games played in a given week. So Provy and Tkachuk are very much a part of my main team.
    This changes everything for me; your signature doesn't give any indication that you can cycle with your minor league squad. Tkachuk and Provorov are worth more than Dahlin, in this set up, in my opinion. And you are in win now mode...

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    This changes everything for me; your signature doesn't give any indication that you can cycle with your minor league squad. Tkachuk and Provorov are worth more than Dahlin, in this set up, in my opinion. And you are in win now mode...
    Yes, with this information and your being near the top, I'd push for titles as opposed to taking a risk on Dahlin.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I would keep Provorov, Tkachuck and the picks. Dahlin is a great prospect, and may one day be one of the best D in the NHL, but I am not one to gamble in fantasy hockey. And that would be a BIG gamble. Especially with your league categories. As others have mentioned you have such a strong team you can absorb the loss, but unless you really have a hard on for Dahlin, or love the Sabres, I would pass.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks guys! Just rejected the offer.

Main Team:
    F: McDavid, Kucherov, Pastrnak, M.Tkachuk, Guentzel, Eichel, Pettersson, Scheifele, Ovechkin, Teravainen, S.Reinhart, Buchnevich, Trocheck, Bjorkstrand, Cirelli, Mangiapane
    D: Carlson, Burns, Trouba, Dahlin, Pulock, Heiskanen, Kylington
    G: Petersen, Vasilevskiy, Blackwood

F: Zadina, Cozens, N.Robertson, Holtz, Benn, Norris, Gallagher, Mercer
    D: K.Miller, Byram, Brannstrom, Perunovich, Addison, Harley
    G: Oettinger, Wallstedt, Kahkonen