Thread: Jakub Vrana

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Post Jakub Vrana

Curious as to what you guys think of Vrana. Do you guys think he can potentially have a much better year and crack the 50pt range or he's still aways from that? Do you guys think he can realistically play on the 2nd line with Backstrom next year? Let me know what you think

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Jakub Vrana

It comes down to him and Bura, who I would of assumed solidified the 2LW position by now, but alas, 2 years drafting hoping for a break out to only get snake bit both of them.

This season will be the same as last, whoever wants it more between those two will get the 2L position, if they stay there most of the season I'd say 45-50 isn't to far fetched.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Short answer is I don't see Vrana reaching 50 points next year.

Even on the second line in the playoffs, he only got 8 points and isn't capitalizing much on what powerplay time he's been given. 35-40 points max in my opinion
    Yahoo H2H 2017-2018 CHAMPIONS! (Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1 Utility, 2 Goalies, 5 Bench)
    Categories Skaters: (Goals, Assists, +/-, SOG, PPP, Hits, Blocks) Goalies (W, GAA, SV%, SO)

Forwards: Marchand, Gaudreau, Scheifele, Konecny, W.Karlsson, D.Perron, Arvidsson, Deslauriers, Steen, Atkinson
    Defensemen: Klingberg, Hamilton, Yandle, Barrie, Larsson, H.Lindholm
    Goalies: Varlamov, Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Jedi

See Dvorak... I wouldn't expect much more than what that 36-44
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yes, but you also have to consider that he was also limited to 11:56 a night during the playoffs while Backstrom was playing 16:53 not including PP time (20:37 including PP time). He may have played on the 2nd line, but he wasn't getting 2nd line minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyFire View Post
    Short answer is I don't see Vrana reaching 50 points next year.

Even on the second line in the playoffs, he only got 8 points and isn't capitalizing much on what powerplay time he's been given. 35-40 points max in my opinion

Dobber Sports Padawan

I like the kid and I think he'll get his chance on the 2L. Burakovsky hasn't exactly shown he deserves a spot there so I guess it all comes down to who wants it more this year. If Vrana sticks there, I'd put him at 40 points. Possibly 45.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov