Thread: My Girard for his Parayko

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default My Girard for his Parayko

Girard(COL) is 4.7M cheaper then Parayko, and got ton of potential, but would you consider acquiring Parayko for Girard?
    With Tyson Barrie ahead of him, how long you think Girard takes to post 40+ regulary?
    Do you think Parayko can get another gear and be that 1st pairing top PP guy one day?
    THX guys!
    NHL Caphit(79.5M),pts only keeper league,16 Teams,Weekly H2H,Start 6F 4D 1G

F:Backstrom,Matthews,Giroux,Kessel,Barzal,Bailey,S tone,Labanc,Steel
    D:Klingberg,Krug,Vatanen,Letang,Girard,Liljegren
    G:Bobrovsky,Murray,Ullmark,Hart,Parsons

The Great One

Default Re: My Girard for his Parayko

I think (as do the Dobberhockey readers: https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...ven-Defensemen) that Girard makes big strides this season and in doing so likely finishes within 3-5 points of Parayko. In a cap league that makes him the one to own of the two.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Both are going to be in similar situations, with Pietrangelo and Barrie both being UFA's in two years. Both will be the number 2 guy behind those two mentioned there.

Girard is RFA in two years, Para is inked for four more years.

I don't think Girard breaks 40 this season, or next. Which will mean he'll probably get somewhere along the lines of Para's current 5.5 mill contract. After that I think he'll start to shine, with the added cost to the team I think they start to play him more and who knows what will come of Barrie at that time.

Para should be around 40 or so this season and probably next. He's in the same boat as Girard as it comes to his continued success though.

I'd rather hold onto Girard long term here, but I don't think you can really go wrong with either.

Dobber Sports Jedi

in a points only league, Parayko loses tons of value. I'd make that swap. Hell in a start up points only dynasty draft I took Girard with Parayko still on the board
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thx a lot for the answer, that make the decisions easier!
    NHL Caphit(79.5M),pts only keeper league,16 Teams,Weekly H2H,Start 6F 4D 1G

F:Backstrom,Matthews,Giroux,Kessel,Barzal,Bailey,S tone,Labanc,Steel
    D:Klingberg,Krug,Vatanen,Letang,Girard,Liljegren
    G:Bobrovsky,Murray,Ullmark,Hart,Parsons

Dobber Sports Veteran

Another thing to keep in mind (but don't put too much weight into it) is, there's consistently been rumours of Barrie being traded for the past few seasons. Not saying it happens, but it has an eerily similar vibe to the Duchene situation. If that does happen, Girard instantly becomes the PP1 QB and his value skyrockets.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby