Thread: Should I drop Cam Atkinson?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Should I drop Cam Atkinson?

Hi guys, i dont know if i should drop Atkinson...i'm in a point only league and Atkinson is a 60 pts guy. Dobber got it at 62 next year. I really like this player but if can he reach more....like 66-68 or 60 is the best he can?

If i drop him i can draft a prospect like Suzuki/Sprong/Thomas...etc.

Don't know what to do...

Thanks in advance!

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Should I drop Cam Atkinson?

Here's a fact - he scored at a point per game level in the first 33 games of 2016-18 and posted 39 points in his final 40 games last year. I'd hold onto him, since at worst you'll get someone who tends to be scorching for part of the year, and at best he figures it all out and gives you 75+.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think a lot of his success will come down to line mates, namely Panarin, if he fly's the coop which I'd assume he will I think he's good for 65-70 this season. If Panarin goes I'd assume 55-60.

If you're a win now team then Atkinson would be a better hold, if you're on the outside looking in then rolling the dice on Sprong or Suzuki might pan out.

Dobber Sports Giant

I'd keep Atkinson over those prospects.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Giant

Definitely don’t drop him for any of those prospects who could “maybe” do what he’s already doing.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Sage

Can you trade him for a draft pick and pick up Thomas? I would definitely do that if I could move Atkinson for any asset. Atkinson is too hot and cold for me. Plus, if Panarin gets traded it will hurt Atkinson's value.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Jedi

why would you drop Atkinson for a prospect? are you trying to make room for someone? Otherwise - you're making a roster hole without someone to fill it. No guarantees any of them see a full season in the NHL. you'd be dropping 60+pts from your line up. If it's only because you want to grab a prospect I don't really see how this move makes competitive sense
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Here's a fact - he scored at a point per game level in the first 33 games of 2016-18 and posted 39 points in his final 40 games last year. I'd hold onto him, since at worst you'll get someone who tends to be scorching for part of the year, and at best he figures it all out and gives you 75+.
    Here is another fact: over Atkinson's career, if you exclude every game in which he didn't get a point, he's been more than a point-per game player! over his career!!!!

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Here is another fact: over Atkinson's career, if you exclude every game in which he didn't get a point, he's been more than a point-per game player! over his career!!!!
    Wow- That's impressive!
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Initiate

No don't drop Atkinson. He is solid at 60 points, not worth making a move for a prospect.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Definitely don’t drop him for any of those prospects who could “maybe” do what he’s already doing.
    This.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Possible, but equally possible that the worst case scenario is that he doesn't get hot at all and only ends up with 50-odd points. Hopefully recent production doesn't result in that but I've never seen evidence of past streakiness predicting the future. Have you found in your analyses that those types of hot/cold periods can forecast future production? Especially ones that deal with different periods e.g. first half one year, second half another year etc.

As for the OP, even though he could give you a range of outcomes, he still offers some stability, whereas prospects can be highly risky and not guaranteed to give you anything.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Haha, awesome! +1

I'd keep Atkinson and hope for the best!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket