Thread: Trouba in Cap league

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Trouba in Cap league

Do you think Trouba will be worth his 5.5mil cap hit in Cap Leagues? (league points below)

The Great One

Default Re: Trouba in Cap league

Nope - not with Buff and Myers still in town. Next year at the same time it might be a different situation.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Titan

Welcome to the forums!
    Trouba could have some value, but a large part of it is tied to his cap hit and how that affects your team. What is you league cap setup like, and how many teams in your league?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Rookie

12 teams, cap is the same as the NHL. Keep the player for as long as he has current contract. Can choose to keep a player if he signs an extension or drop. ELC Players on farm do not count towards cap but regular contract players count 50% towards cap.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by kitskanucks View Post
    12 teams, cap is the same as the NHL. Keep the player for as long as he has current contract. Can choose to keep a player if he signs an extension or drop. ELC Players on farm do not count towards cap but regular contract players count 50% towards cap.
    Your FA pile is probably littered with overpaid guys then. Trouba should probably be among them.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Rookie

If you think Trouba is fodder for the waiver wire what would you think of Fowler? I had him last year and could resign him but at 6.5mil?

The Great One

Fowler is expendable; the emergence of Montour will turn Fowler into more of a Marc-Edouard Vlasic type player, and that is nowhere near worth a $6.5M hit
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks for the help guys!

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'll agree with the others and say Trouba will not live up to his cap hit this season. If there are injuries to certain players, then he might step in and contribute more.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Genius

I guess a question that could be asked about the OP's roster is...

Would you rather have Duncan Keith or Jacob Trouba?
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I guess a question that could be asked about the OP's roster is...

Would you rather have Duncan Keith or Jacob Trouba?
    I'd probably continue rolling with Keith, he's got more offensive upside, and blocks a tonne. Last year was a clear down year, but he seems to always bounce back. No playoffs probably helped him more than anyone else in the league.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Rookie

Problem with Keith is I signed him 6 years ago and have to keep him for the duration of his contract. So I have him for 5 more years. Yes ouch I know, but hoping for a bounce back from him and feel with the way contracts are going, his 5.5 is not the worst. Trouba, Hanifin, Fowler I can either keep or discard. Waiting to see what Hanifin signs for.