Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Subban and Hutton Trades

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Subban and Hutton Trades

Quote Originally Posted by xdmurda View Post
    Seems like he'd be okay with Granlund+2020 1st round pick for Bobrovsky...pull the trigger?
    Can you take on the cap? Even so... BOB is a superior to Dubnyk.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Can you take on the cap? Even so... BOB is a superior to Dubnyk.
    Did the math, after the trade and dropping Hammond I will be roughly $1M under the cap. In short, yes I can take on the cap.
    2017-2018 League Champion
    Salary Dynasty League 20 teams
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PPP-SHP-(+/-)-PIM-SOG-GWG-HITS-BLKS / W-L-OL-GA-SV-SO
    PLAYOFFS COINCIDE WITH NHL PLAYOFFS

F- Gourde, E. Lindholm, R. Smith, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Draisaitl, Crosby, Labanc, Kerfoot, Haula, E. Kane, Aston-Reese, Vatrano
    D- Karlsson, Letang, Niskanen, Schultz, Dumoulin, Polak
    G- Binnington, Dubnyk, Bobrovsky

Minors:
    F: Erne, Saarela, Hannikainen, Hagel, F. Perron, Pollock, Ully, Amadio, Kotkov, Wallmark, Phillips, Pitlick, Haapala
    D: Djoos, Johansen, Cholowski, Zboril, Bowey, Niku, Pedan, Weegar
    G: Huska, Copley

Dobber Sports Genius

Well, aside from Dubnyk your goalies leave plenty to be desired [Hammond, Michalek, Huska, Binnington, Copley]. This is a position that you are going to need to address anyway. When trying to address weaknesses on my teams I try, if possible, to over-replace the position I'm trying to improve. In this case you replace your #1G with and even better #1G leaving yourself with a #1A & #1B. I like this better than trying to get a second/third tier goalie to go with Dubnyk. Granlund, as good as he is, is replacable. The 2020 pick is two years from now. You can look at it holding it's value in a different asset.

You may want to have others chime in but, I think I'd make this move. If it came about quickly with the other GM you might not want to give him time to think or shop around goalie BOB.

Well, aside from Dubnyk your goalies leave plenty to be desired [Hammond, Michalek, Huska, Binnington, Copley]. This is a position that you are going to need to address anyway. When trying to address weaknesses on my teams I try, if possible, to over-replace the position I'm trying to improve. In this case you replace your #1G with and even better #1G leaving yourself with a #1A & #1B. I like this better than trying to get a second/third tier goalie to go with Dubnyk. Granlund, as good as he is, is replacable. The 2020 pick is two years from now. You can look at it holding it's value in a different asset.

You may want to have others chime in but, I think I'd make this move. If it came about quickly with the other GM you might not want to give him time to think or shop around goalie BOB.
    Yeah I went ahead and pulled the trigger. As I had said before, I had both Price and Montoya (granted they arent a 1A 1B type of situation) but when Price was injured all season I had to solely rely on Montoya and it showed from a fantasy standpoint. So I didn't want Duby to get injured and then POSSIBLY have Hammond as a backup and then I am scrambling. This way I can put Bob in the top slot and ride him while he's hot and if Duby has a better season then I have that option.

The 1st round pick in 2 years I don't really concern myself with and that's because I can always gain that back with the players I have. Losing Granlund might not be stellar but like you said, he is replaceable. And its a huge MAYBE but I am hoping Necas steps in this season seeing as he and Svechnikov are doing well. I'm not banking on it but Necas was one piece I didnt want to move and he was pushing for him so I am happy to have just moved Granlund.

F- Gourde, E. Lindholm, R. Smith, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Draisaitl, Crosby, Labanc, Kerfoot, Haula, E. Kane, Aston-Reese, Vatrano

Minors:
    F: Erne, Saarela, Hannikainen, Hagel, F. Perron, Pollock, Ully, Amadio, Kotkov, Wallmark, Phillips, Pitlick, Haapala

Dobber Sports Genius

Nice one xdmurda!

Nice one xdmurda!
    Hahaha thank you Moses, I appreciate your help with everything!

It's pretty funny but as soon as that trade got accepted, I received a message from a GM asking "So are you moving Dub now? If so, let me know what you would want". That was fast! Not that I am trying to move him immediately but this GM does have some pieces I would want like Burns, McAvoy, Schiefele, Spurgeon, and Theodore...but it is really funny how quick of a turn around that was.

Minors: