Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Draft advice please-on the Clock Now [REP]

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Draft advice please-on the Clock Now [REP]

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    That is the popular question of the thread. Centers are easy to get. I picked up Thomas as a free agent last spring. He has two all-star Cs ahead of him in STL. If Hayton has a good D+1 we will all be talking about him the same way Thomas is now. Hayton has Stepan and then a bunch of ??? ahead of him. Also, I really like Bouchard and when he is D1 in EDM soon you will see why I traded to get him.
    Personally, if that's how you felt, then in once sense you made the right move. but looking at the larger picture, with the hype on Thomas - you could have gotten more than a 1-1. You could have gotten a second pick.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Re: Kravtsov
    You all might want to go and look at the first round of Entry Drafts since 2000. Russian players taken between 3-15 have an utterly abysmal fantasy hockey success rate. It's really quite striking and difficult to ignore.
    This assumes that 'being Russian' is the causal factor.

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Personally, if that's how you felt, then in once sense you made the right move. but looking at the larger picture, with the hype on Thomas - you could have gotten more than a 1-1. You could have gotten a second pick.
    I agree. If you value Bouchard and think he's a good fit in Edmonton, then it's natural that you would target him. His shortcomings are more than enough to scare me away which is why I didn't have him as highly valued. But, as Lucafen notes, given the hype around Thomas you may have tried to get something else in addition to the #7 pick.

Dobber Sports Sage

Just flipped Hayton for Sam Steel straight up. How's that for a Thomas replacement?

Dobber Sports Pro

Dobber Sports Sage

Ta Da!!!

All's well that ends well.