Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 8

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: 2018 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 8

Sure glad I started RB-Wilkins over Thompson...sigh. Not that it would have mattered...well, maybe my Monday Nighters will all light it up and I'll win by a decimal point. Ever the optometrist, you see.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Deity

Welp, I got pounded in week one. Ugh. Great week for Randall Cobb, planted on my bench...
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: 2018 Dobber Hockey Fantasy Football League

The Tears of Joique autodraft experiment not off to a good start against Zorro - Tyreek the Freak with 38.8!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Guru

I am waiting until tomorrow to drop Daniel Carlson. Will he even have a job by the time I drop him?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Ninja

Fantasy football, you are one mysterious mistress. Week 1, shit the bed in both my leagues, earning Yahoo loser medals (Easy Pickings or something like that). Week 2, kicked major butt and now I'm 1-1 in both leagues. Who knows what Week 3 will hold, but I sure hope it's more Week 2 than Week 1.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Deity

Holy crap, what a brutal week but I managed to pull off a victory somehow.

I cant believe I am to the point where i am considering benching Tom Brady for one of my last draft picks, Blake Bortles. For the 2nd week in a row, one of my last picks, Matt Breida, was damn near my best point producer. He was the only starter for me who actually exceeded his Yahoo predicted numbers. Man, what a gong show.

Calvin Ridley went off, and of course he's on my bench. I'll start him next week and he'll get sweet f' all. Wait and see. It happened to me with Randall Cobb. On my bench when he goes off and then I start him and he is invisible.

Fantasy football, how I loathe you!!!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Holy crap, what a brutal week but I managed to pull off a victory somehow.

I cant believe I am to the point where i am considering benching Tom Brady for one of my last draft picks, Blake Bortles. For the 2nd week in a row, one of my last picks, Matt Breida, was damn near my best point producer. He was the only starter for me who actually exceeded his Yahoo predicted numbers. Man, what a gong show.

Calvin Ridley went off, and of course he's on my bench. I'll start him next week and he'll get sweet f' all. Wait and see. It happened to me with Randall Cobb. On my bench when he goes off and then I start him and he is invisible.

Fantasy football, how I loathe you!!!
    Yes Fantasy Football is a freakin gong show, such a tossup each week.

First two weeks I had pretty solid point totals but ran up against buzz saws - highest points against by far with 287.

This week, had a commanding lead versus Kofax, 40 points or so early on, and then boom AJ Green leaves early for me, and on his side Cousins to Thielen in garbage time net him a whackload of points, and Carson and Howard finish it off in style in the late PM games. Lead is shrunken big time, now projected to be a 2 point separation, and he's got a "squeaky wheel" Antonio Brown going against underpeforming Peyton Barber for me! Oy!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Yes Fantasy Football is a freakin gong show, such a tossup each week.

First two weeks I had pretty solid point totals but ran up against buzz saws - highest points against by far with 287.

This week, had a commanding lead versus Kofax, 40 points or so early on, and then boom AJ Green leaves early for me, and on his side Cousins to Thielen in garbage time net him a whackload of points, and Carson and Howard finish it off in style in the late PM games. Lead is shrunken big time, now projected to be a 2 point separation, and he's got a "squeaky wheel" Antonio Brown going against underpeforming Peyton Barber for me! Oy!
    Ya, I was about ready to pack it in when Cousins was still in the negatives after the half.

Down by 11 going into Monday night; going to have to hope Road Ben doesn't show up to pull this one out.

But ya, you have indeed had the 2 worst matchups to start the season.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If we played the league average as a second matchup each week it would mitigate that.....lol

Pretty sure Pengwin managed to switch Fournette out at 12:59 before the 1 o'clock games started. Fortunately Mahomes is Mah Homes.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Man. I thought if Barber was only going to score 3.3 then Brown would have been able to get it done.

14 points

0.56 short, resulting in a loss.

A 1 yard reception would have got it done.

That being said, ross likely deserved to be on the good side of luck after his first two weeks. Still. Ouch.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Standings thru Week 3:

1 Josh Meet Kittle 3-0-0 378.34 336.36
    2 Goon Squad 2-1-0 369.04 305.62
    3 Redbulls 2-1-0 356.08 298.20
    4 Powerplay QB 2-1-0 351.72 290.86
    5 Finkle is Einhorn! 2-1-0 336.20 344.22
    6 Tacklin Turtles 2-1-0 331.20 290.96
    7 TD's N Beer! 2-1-0 276.16 287.22
    8 The Frisky Hobbit 1-2-0 337.42 374.28
    9 Tears of Joique 1-2-0 331.44 387.66
    10 Bettman Fumbles 1-2-0 329.74 346.04
    11 Zorro's Snappers 1-2-0 308.88 310.72
    12 Fournecaters 1-2-0 271.98 306.2
    13 Coverdale Colts 1-2-0 238.54 316.82
    14 Fighting Newfies 0-3-0 229.58 251.10

Good start to the season... top 4 scoring teams are 1,2,3,4 with Kittle & Goon Squad having already played each other.
    Happy rataylor22 got a win over me this past week... his team is better than mine and he had his top two RBs out.
    The last two Tier II winners (Goon Squad & Red Bulls) slotting in at #2 & #3.

Tough season for me. I've gotten 1.5quarters from Leo Fournette. Maybe it is the Madden-curse since I named my team after him.
    My top 5 rounds of RB/WR have combined for a total of 3 TDs, one each from my WRs... none from McCaffrey (and obv. none from Fournette).

That 72-69 Axeman v. newfcollins match-up this week sure was a DOOZY! LOL. Those happen.

Onto week 4...
    Boy... I get to roll into week 4 bye with Fournette still injured, McCaffrey going to bye, and my RB3 for this bye week: Riddick is now ceding a lot of snaps to breakout Kerryon Johnson.
    Looks like a TJ Yeldon kind of week! Hooray! Nuthin' sexy right now about the Fournecaters!

Zorro, here's your chance for a W!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Full disclosure, knowing McCaffrey was on a bye and Peng needed a win this week I sent him a marginally awful trade offer hoping he'd take it or counter but he called my bluff lol.

Really hoping LevBell gets traded and we can get this RB stable back on track. Feel lucky to have gotten some spike weeks from some players to pull out some victories.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Man. I thought if Barber was only going to score 3.3 then Brown would have been able to get it done.

14 points

0.56 short, resulting in a loss.

A 1 yard reception would have got it done.

That being said, ross likely deserved to be on the good side of luck after his first two weeks. Still. Ouch.
    ouch indeed, never would have predicted that

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Standings thru Week 3:

1 Josh Meet Kittle 3-0-0 378.34 336.36
    2 Goon Squad 2-1-0 369.04 305.62
    3 Redbulls 2-1-0 356.08 298.20
    4 Powerplay QB 2-1-0 351.72 290.86
    5 Finkle is Einhorn! 2-1-0 336.20 344.22
    6 Tacklin Turtles 2-1-0 331.20 290.96
    7 TD's N Beer! 2-1-0 276.16 287.22
    8 The Frisky Hobbit 1-2-0 337.42 374.28
    9 Tears of Joique 1-2-0 331.44 387.66
    10 Bettman Fumbles 1-2-0 329.74 346.04
    11 Zorro's Snappers 1-2-0 308.88 310.72
    12 Fournecaters 1-2-0 271.98 306.2
    13 Coverdale Colts 1-2-0 238.54 316.82
    14 Fighting Newfies 0-3-0 229.58 251.10

Good start to the season... top 4 scoring teams are 1,2,3,4 with Kittle & Goon Squad having already played each other.
    Happy rataylor22 got a win over me this past week... his team is better than mine and he had his top two RBs out.
    The last two Tier II winners (Goon Squad & Red Bulls) slotting in at #2 & #3.

Tough season for me. I've gotten 1.5quarters from Leo Fournette. Maybe it is the Madden-curse since I named my team after him.
    My top 5 rounds of RB/WR have combined for a total of 3 TDs, one each from my WRs... none from McCaffrey (and obv. none from Fournette).

That 72-69 Axeman v. newfcollins match-up this week sure was a DOOZY! LOL. Those happen.

Onto week 4...
    Boy... I get to roll into week 4 bye with Fournette still injured, McCaffrey going to bye, and my RB3 for this bye week: Riddick is now ceding a lot of snaps to breakout Kerryon Johnson.
    Looks like a TJ Yeldon kind of week! Hooray! Nuthin' sexy right now about the Fournecaters!

Zorro, here's your chance for a W!
    You forgot to mention Tears defeating Kofax squad by 100.8 to 100.24, where one more Antonio Brown reception of even ONE YARD would would have won it for him - man, fantasy football is crazy

Dobber Sports Guru

So I hear Tier II is nice.