Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: [trade] osuna to Astros

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: [trade] osuna to Astros

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    To say that AA destroyed their prospect depth…I dunno, Jays prospect depth was crap before the trade, and pretty much only lost Boyd, Norris, and Hoffman and so far, none have shown much consistent promise. I really like Hoffman, but looks like Colorado has ruined his numbers. But baseball trades are odd. Hoffman could just light it up now, Castro could turn into a top closer tmo.
    AA was the GM since 2009 if they're prospect depth sucked before the trades, it was because of him. If their prospect depth sucked because of the trades, it was because of the trades.

AA made moves that most fans feel was worth it, and that's totally fine, but it's revisionist history to say he had awesome results, a sterling reputation, or really a clear and concise direction for the team during his tenure. He got desperate, swung for the fences, and hit some memories. But he got desperate because he was doing a bad job and his job was on the line.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: [trade] osuna to Astros

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    AA was the GM since 2009 if they're prospect depth sucked before the trades, it was because of him. If their prospect depth sucked because of the trades, it was because of the trades.

AA made moves that most fans feel was worth it, and that's totally fine, but it's revisionist history to say he had awesome results, a sterling reputation, or really a clear and concise direction for the team during his tenure. He got desperate, swung for the fences, and hit some memories. But he got desperate because he was doing a bad job and his job was on the line.
    I was pointing out to people who say AA destroyed their depth by the trade, it wasn't there before the trade. To "justify" what he did would be saying the prospect depth and talent level wouldn't have propelled the current team to playoff status, so might as well use that to go for it that yr.

Like in poker when you wouldn't have enough for the blinds, so you might as well go all in on your current hand that could win a round.

Oh well, I think they're prospect depth is actually really good. They traded Osuna and it is that. Oh welllllll
    12 team, H2H, 6 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, FW
    W, GAA, S%, Saves
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G
    C: Stamkos (RW), Backstrom, Kadri, Petterson
    LW: Couture (C), Parise, Huberdeau
    RW: Marner (C), Tarasenko
    D: Karlsson, Dumba, Hamilton, Chabot, Barrie
    G: Andersen, Dubnyk, Raanta
    IR: Perry (RW)
    NA: Zadina (LW)