Thread: Dangerous Driver Issue

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Dangerous Driver Issue

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/video/watc...cid=spartanntp

Hey guys, I came across this video and long one paragraph rant clearly from the person who shot the video. The fact that the person who wrote the rant could have used paragraphs to make it easier to read, doesn't take away from how blind the driver is to their own role in this incident.

The gold car clearly has its signal light on and is looking to change lanes, but the person shooting the video clearly either doesn't see the signal indicator or is being a dick by not letting the car change lanes. The signal from the gold car is a little late I guess, but if the camera car was a defensive driver, he would have backed off instead of appearing to almost accelerate in the seconds before the attempted lane change.

The commentary about the gold car now having his left indicator on is ignorant in my opinion. I would wager that when the driver of the gold car finally got in the lane, he cancelled his right signal, but over corrected (not sure that's the right word) and the left indicator came one. I feel that the driver of the gold car was rattled by the dick driving the camera car and was still thinking about that near collision instead of signaling his subsequent right land change.

I suspect the entire reason for wanting to change lanes in the first place is that his exit was coming up.

Anyway, it just bothered me that the person who took the video and wrote the commentary takes no blame for that encounter. Clearly, they never took a defensive driving course or drive courteously.

I just felt the need to vent. Thanks for reading!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Dangerous Driver Issue

You're welcome.

Of all the things that bother me when driving, this really doesn't. I think we have all drifted a little and been honked at. I know the gold car wanted to change lanes but he did wait a little too long and should have sped up a bit to make his move. When someone drifts a little, it's usually an honest mistake that can be dangerous if the other driver doesn't notice. It wasn't dangerous in this case.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    You're welcome.

Of all the things that bother me when driving, this really doesn't. I think we have all drifted a little and been honked at. I know the gold car wanted to change lanes but he did wait a little too long and should have sped up a bit to make his move. When someone drifts a little, it's usually an honest mistake that can be dangerous if the other driver doesn't notice. It wasn't dangerous in this case.
    You are right that the gold car should have sped up or even just waited for the other car to pass.

I've definitely mellowed over the years after experiencing a few close calls due to my inattention or overconfidence in my driving abilities. I'm much more defensive now and with the way the world is now, I'm normally reluctant to even give someone the horn in anger - I definitely give as light a touch when someone's drifting into my lane or is sleeping when the turning light goes green (that one kills me, get off your damn phone and move so more of us can make the light!).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Master

I just watched the video and there is definitely a moron driving . Two actually.

The blue car starts accelerating just before the gold car starts to merge (engine noise is clear) and continues to accelerate both after the signal comes on (when they are still behind) up until the gold car has crossed the line. Actively trying to move your vehicle in another vehicle's blind spot while they are signaling to change is three running steps beyond idiotic.

Fools. Pointless and risky activities are a shitty way to get someone killed.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Titan

He accelerated to block them from entering. And then posts about it. The driver is the idiot.

The Gold car was rattled from the honk with the signal being on and what not. It's drivers like the blue one that cause accidents.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    He accelerated to block them from entering. And then posts about it. The driver is the idiot.

The Gold car was rattled from the honk with the signal being on and what not. It's drivers like the blue one that cause accidents.
    Could not agree more. People who refuse to let people in when driving drive me nuts. Why? Are you taking it personally? Is it a hit to your masculinity? I don't get it...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Could not agree more. People who refuse to let people in when driving drive me nuts. Why? Are you taking it personally? Is it a hit to your masculinity? I don't get it...

Rylant
    I see it as typical human selfish behavior - I believe humans are inherently selfish (by nature for survival) and have to work to not be selfish. Some people are just small-minded and driving just makes it worse.

The Great One

This really is ridiculous. Deliberately speeding up into someone's blind spot. Completely reckless driving.