Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kevin Hayes

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Kevin Hayes

No doubt he and his agent see that. Although they were not used in the same way by AV.

Miller was on the PP while KH played on the PK and took defensive draws for example.

I'd put the chances he is moved by the deadline at 95%.

Best of luck to him he has done everything NY asked him to do. Having said that I suppose there is more than half a chance he returns to NY to play for coach Quinn as those 2 have known each other for some time and Hayes was one of a few players on hand when Quinn was introduced as the new coach.

So a deadline deal and returning to NY ? sure but the issue is going to be the cap hit. Zucarello took less to stay and he is still there. Callahan wanted more and went away.

How is Hayes going to handle this situation ?
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Stud

originally posted back in August

we know he ended up settling with NY on a 1 year deal

does your team want this guy ?

I have an opinion on him but would love to hear where you think he is going and more importantly why
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hayes never had 50 points at 26 years old.
    I would say it will depend how much he is asking.

On the other hand, the situation of NYR and MTL is really similar in the last 4-5 years.
    They play a defensive game that results with only a few players with 50-60 points per season.
    With this fact, it's legitimate for Hayes to compare his situation with his teammate Zibanejad (5.35M$ for 3 more years)

Also, I think that a lot of teams is waiting what the Toronto Maple Leafs will do in the Nylander/Marner/Matthews situation.
    The next salary of Marner and Matthews will change the salary structure in the league
    10 Keepers Salary Cap League (96,025,000M Cap - Players CAP-HIT)
    8 Teams / 12 FW, 6 D, 1G, 4 Scratches
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

F: 1xG + 1xA
    D: 2xG + 1xA
    G: 2xW + 1xOTL + 1xSO

F: Hintz, J. Hughes, Schmaltz, Zacha, Hyman, Novak, Hartman, Stamkos, Knies, Marchessault, Konecny, Monahan,
    D: Heiskanen, Andersson, Sergachev, Mintyukov, Addison, Guhle

G: Shesterkin

Scratch : Dach, Wheeler, Eklund,
    Lundkvist
    FARM : Edvinsson, Stankoven, Kulich, Musty, Leonard, Hutson

Dobber Sports Stud

attention NHL GMs

please Please PLEASE

make an offer for Kevin Hayes as soon as possible

Dobber Sports Wizard

I think it was Friedman who mentioned the Jets as a possible landing spot, and I think it could work. More likely as a rental, though. They need a center who can play with Laine. If you put Hayes with Ehlers and Laine on his wings, it could work. Maybe.

Dobber Sports Stud

Indeed it might.
    Hayes is pass happy and Laine is a shoot first kind of player

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    NSH doesn't need a centre, and TOR doesn't need a centre.

The contending team that needs a centre the most? Probably the Jets.
    Do they have the salary space to fit him in after signing Morrissey? Likely.
    Are their top two centres injury prone? Yup.
    Are they going to miss Paul Stastny? Yup.
    Are they going to trade for a centre between now and the trade deadline? Likely.

Hayes makes sense, and can form that same middle 6 punch with Little that Stastny did last season.
    WPG has a bunch of pieces, and maybe something with one of Petan, Poolman or the like.
    Didn't get the return. But never waivered off of the rest of the above
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)