Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Hayes

Dobber Sports Stud

Arrow Kevin Hayes

Curious what you think your favorite team would part with for a shot at RFA centerman Kevin Hayes

He played a mostly defensive game this season for NY yet scored 25 goals.

Very little PP time with only 8PPP so spent a fair bit of his special teams time killing off penalties

Still very young

He took more than 1100 faceoffs winning just over 50% of them
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Kevin Hayes

My favorite team (Oilers) wouldnt be chasing Hayes because they dont really need another center. I do think Montreal is one of the teams who could use him the most. God knows what they would part with for him. I think the bigger question is what would the Rangers want for Hayes.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    My favorite team (Oilers) wouldnt be chasing Hayes because they dont really need another center. I do think Montreal is one of the teams who could use him the most. God knows what they would part with for him. I think the bigger question is what would the Rangers want for Hayes.
    Yes I believe MTL could use him and be a better team with him on the roster
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Wpg doesn't really need Hayes, but would take him if the price is right.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    Wpg doesn't really need Hayes, but would take him if the price is right.
    Indeed I think most clubs would

However if what the NY fishwraps are reporting is true, Hayes will sign a 1 year deal and look to cash in as a UFA next offseason.

Apparently the asking price is in the Tom Wilson zone or 5.5 to 6 megabucks a season for 5 or 6 seasons.

I think that pretty much ensures he is gone

Uncle Larry has a pretty good piece on him in the post

https://nypost.com/2018/07/28/ranger...cates-rebuild/

I tend to agree that if Hayes signs for 1 season then NY looks to trade him asap as he is blocking other players from getting ice time and that its quite likely he moves to the wing to make space for one of the promising young centers in NY's pipeline

Dobber Sports Stud

anyone else ?

Dobber Sports Titan

NSH doesn't need a centre, and TOR doesn't need a centre.

The contending team that needs a centre the most? Probably the Jets.
    Do they have the salary space to fit him in after signing Morrissey? Likely.
    Are their top two centres injury prone? Yup.
    Are they going to miss Paul Stastny? Yup.
    Are they going to trade for a centre between now and the trade deadline? Likely.

Hayes makes sense, and can form that same middle 6 punch with Little that Stastny did last season.
    WPG has a bunch of pieces, and maybe something with one of Petan, Poolman or the like.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks,

I don't see Hayes wanting to stay in Winnipeg, but then again if they win that would go a long way towards selling the franchise to him and other higher profile players

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    anyone else ?
    our teams likely wont trade with eachother but I'd think the isles definately look into Hayes as #2 center option in 2019/20 .

cap space + opportunity is certainly there.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks,

I don't see Hayes wanting to stay in Winnipeg, but then again if they win that would go a long way towards selling the franchise to him and other higher profile players
    Is Hayes really a high profile player though? Also, the way things sit now, Winnipeg is definitely a legit contender which is what any player wants to be a part of. NY is basically rebuilding or retooling so the question is if Hayes wants to be part of it, or does he think he should be on a winning team? Really the only thing me as a player would hate about Winnipeg is the winters. Besides that, it truly is a great city and the fans are simply amazing! I lived there for 7 years and would move back in a heartbeat.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Deity

Paul Stastny wasnt a high profile player but fit in well in WPG. I think Hayes would fit into Stastnys old spot nicely although I think they already have some talented kids who deserve a chance their first.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Paul Stastny wasnt a high profile player but fit in well in WPG. I think Hayes would fit into Stastnys old spot nicely although I think they already have some talented kids who deserve a chance their first.
    Not arguing with that. Which is why I don't see it happening until closer to the deadline.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Magnificent One

I could see San Jose maybe, especially if Jumbo Joe comes back a shell of his former self
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    Is Hayes really a high profile player though? Also, the way things sit now, Winnipeg is definitely a legit contender which is what any player wants to be a part of. NY is basically rebuilding or retooling so the question is if Hayes wants to be part of it, or does he think he should be on a winning team? Really the only thing me as a player would hate about Winnipeg is the winters. Besides that, it truly is a great city and the fans are simply amazing! I lived there for 7 years and would move back in a heartbeat.
    I think Hayes believes he is a high profile player, after all he is asking for 6 million for 5 years or something in that ballpark.

His contract demands are why he is not going to be a Ranger nor is he in the their long term plans. NY also believes they can replace him with one of their younger players so that plus the contract demand pretty much sealed his ticket out of town.

I am sure Winnipeg is a great place to live

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think Hayes believes he is a high profile player, after all he is asking for 6 million for 5 years or something in that ballpark.

His contract demands are why he is not going to be a Ranger nor is he in the their long term plans. NY also believes they can replace him with one of their younger players so that plus the contract demand pretty much sealed his ticket out of town.

I am sure Winnipeg is a great place to live
    I think he sees what JT MIller got, and thinks he's comparable. The contract ask in NYC could be higher due to taxes, and they are going to have cap room aplenty with all their youth.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.