Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Erik Karlsson Musings

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Erik Karlsson Musings

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    Maybe we could look at taking Karlsson in Wpg, if Trouba wants out then maybe something can be worked out. Just imagining EK running Wpg PP
    This actually makes really good sense from a hockey standpoint. The Jets have the organizational depth to make this move and man would they be great with Karlsson on that PP. However, would EK green light a trade to Winnipeg? It’s a far different locale than Tampa Bay...
    15 Team Roto ESPN keeper (keep 3)
    6 F, 4 D - 82 max; roster 2 G max - 123 games max
    G,A,PPP,SHP,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,GAA,SV%

F: McDavid, Matthews, Giroux, Marner , Rantanen, Trochek
    D: Klingberg, Subban, Rielly, Russel
    G: Price, Talbot

B: Horvat, Deslauriers, Jones
    IR:Pacioretty

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    Maybe we could look at taking Karlsson in Wpg, if Trouba wants out then maybe something can be worked out. Just imagining EK running Wpg PP
    Oh man that's something that never even crossed my mind - I highly doubt there's a way they could fit him under the cap even if they could land him (which they won't but man that would put a smile on my face).
    Speak the truth and see what happens.
    -Jordan Peterson

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Oh man that's something that never even crossed my mind - I highly doubt there's a way they could fit him under the cap even if they could land him (which they won't but man that would put a smile on my face).
    Oh my God that would be the scariest team in the NHL...

Not that hard to do if it's just a rental, since Karlsson's cap hit is lower right now but if they wanted to keep him, bye bye Little and Perreault and maybe Ehlers. Wow. That would be nuts.
    Blades of Steel
    10 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Backstrom, Wheeler, Bergeron, Zuccarello, Voracek, Connor, Oshie, Hoffman, Pastrnak
    Karlsson, Yandle, Pulock, Theodore, Montour
    Hellebuyck, Talbot
    Mantha, Toffoli, Nyqvist, S. Bennett, Fabbri, E.Lindholm, Faulk, Saros, Bernier

Dobber Sports Wizard

So, after listening to the last 31 thoughts podcast, it seems like Karlsson to Dallas was a no-go because Ottawa (quite rightly) wanted Miro Heiskanen back. Where this loses me is Dallas not wanting to give up Heiskanen, assuming Karlsson was willing to sign in Dallas long-term. So, I have to believe that's what actually broke the talks, because as good as a prospect has Heiskanen is, there is no way he projects to be as good as Karlsson and I cannot believe Dallas would stick with Heiskanen even if Karlsson was willing to sign an extension. Thing is, that wasn't touched on much in the podcast, so that's why I'm puzzled I suppose.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Backstrom, Wheeler, Bergeron, Zuccarello, Voracek, Connor, Oshie, Hoffman, Pastrnak
    Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    So, after listening to the last 31 thoughts podcast, it seems like Karlsson to Dallas was a no-go because Ottawa (quite rightly) wanted Miro Heiskanen back. Where this loses me is Dallas not wanting to give up Heiskanen, assuming Karlsson was willing to sign in Dallas long-term. So, I have to believe that's what actually broke the talks, because as good as a prospect has Heiskanen is, there is no way he projects to be as good as Karlsson and I cannot believe Dallas would stick with Heiskanen even if Karlsson was willing to sign an extension. Thing is, that wasn't touched on much in the podcast, so that's why I'm puzzled I suppose.
    There were rumblings at the time that Karlsson informed Dallas he wouldn't sign an extension with them. They were probably willing to sacrifice Honka to get Karlsson even for one year but giving away Heiskanen is a no-go without contract extension.
    @JokkeNevalainen on Twitter. Junior Associate Editor at DobberProspects where I also cover the SHL, Liiga, and the Panthers.

Some of my most recent articles:

"I never trust people who are 'sure' of things. I trust those who are temporarily confident in their current interpretations." - Dr. Andreo Spina

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    There were rumblings at the time that Karlsson informed Dallas he wouldn't sign an extension with them. They were probably willing to sacrifice Honka to get Karlsson even for one year but giving away Heiskanen is a no-go without contract extension.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. It had to be the contract, otherwise, as good as he can become, holding onto Heiskanen over Karlsson seems like lunacy to me, regardless of their respective ages.
    Blades of Steel

Hellebuyck, Talbot