Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Erik Karlsson Musings

I...am your father.

Default Erik Karlsson Musings

If you're an Edmonton fan, would you give up Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Adam Larsson for Erik Karlsson, with the understanding that Karlsson pre-agreed to an extension?

If you're an Ottawa fan, would you give up Erik Karlsson, knowing that you can't re-sign him and other GM's have Ottawa over a barrel, for RNH and Larsson? Or can you do better?

Ottawa has Ceci getting full-on defense minutes, and he's way out of his league there. This trade would give them an actual defense stud, plus a No.1 center.

Edmonton, well come on - Karlsson to McDavid? Just give Edmonton a power-play goal, take a minute off the clock, and put the faceoff at center. Don't even bother going through the motions of a power play!

Another thought - it would be so cool if Columbus traded Panarin to Ottawa for Karlsson - and both players signed extensions! Pipe dream, I know, but it would be great for those markets. This really sucks what they're going through.

PS - do you like the new prefixes for this section? (real or imagined trade rumors)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Administrator

Default Re: Erik Karlsson Musings

I love the prefixes because it allows me to separate fiction from actual rumor.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

I second the prefixes.

I don't think that's nearly enough of a return for Ottawa.

I also know that all I have heard is that Panarin wants to sign an extension in a big market... So buh-bye Ottawa and its dysfunction.

I think he's going to Vegas, for Theodore, Tuch, Suzuki or Glass, first round picks and probably something else. I see the fit for Vegas. Ottawa needs volume in assets more than quality.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

I...am your father.

I don't think they can do much better than a guy who will get 60 points on their team and a young 23-minute defensive defenseman with some untapped upside - and both players locked in contract-wise. I'm afraid Ottawa will get less than this, in the end. Picks and elite prospects.
    I don't think Theodore/Tuch would both go. One or the other, plus Suzuki or Glass and picks.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Deity

If I am the Oilers, I would have to do this trade. I actually agree with Dobber that the Sens would be lucky to get this good of a return for Karlsson.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Yup... and If Ottawa wants that as a return right now they got to hurry.... cause each minute that it gets closer to next years free agency... his price is exponentially decreasing!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Honestly yes, I think I could accept that deal as Ottawa.
    Ottawa is renown for getting quantity instead of quality lately, and having two solid players, signed for 3+ years, at positions they need filled, could be very solid. Again this is knowing definitively that he cannot be signed by Ottawa.
    Anyone remember what is left from the Spezza trade? .... nothing

I'm heard Panarin want's to go to a coastal city... so snowy inland Ottawa is out.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah, RNH/Larsson for Karlsson would be about as good a haul as Ottawa could possibly get. Losing RNH would hurt, he's better in real life than fantasy and better than some give credit for, but Edmonton would get the best player in the deal.

Ottawa would have Duchene and RNH up the middle, which isn't too bad and Larsson, Ceci and a young Chabot on the back end which isn't great, but doesn't resemble an AHL squad either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterByte View Post
    Honestly yes, I think I could accept that deal as Ottawa.
    Ottawa is renown for getting quantity instead of quality lately, and having two solid players, signed for 3+ years, at positions they need filled, could be very solid. Again this is knowing definitively that he cannot be signed by Ottawa.
    Anyone remember what is left from the Spezza trade? .... nothing

I'm heard Panarin want's to go to a coastal city... so snowy inland Ottawa is out.
    Ottawa has a river or similar body of water...
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Great One

The only reason Ottawa would do this trade is b/c they don't have their first round pick this year.

I'm much rather seem them go after picks and prospects from Vegas.

Just blow the team up.

Dobber Sports Genius

Same train of thought, different team.

[Full Disclosure - I am 1000%, not a Leafs fan]

I have kicked around an idea. Goes something like this.

If the Leafs offered up Nylander/Liljegren for Karlsson/Ryan (assuming there is a Karlsson extension and the Leafs take the entire Ryan contract) would the Senators accept?
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Karlsson to Vegas, in my opinion, is going to happen.. Vegas wants a Stanley Cup bad, as funny as that sounds..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Same train of thought, different team.

[Full Disclosure - I am 1000%, not a Leafs fan]

I have kicked around an idea. Goes something like this.

If the Leafs offered up Nylander/Liljegren for Karlsson/Ryan (assuming there is a Karlsson extension and the Leafs take the entire Ryan contract) would the Senators accept?
    I think that's too much if they take on the Bobby Ryan contract. He's still at 7.25mill for 4 more yrs.

If Ryan was involved, I would think it's closer to Kapanen+Lil/Sandin/Dermott for Karlsson+Ryan than Nylander+
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

Ottawa will not trade Karlsson to Toronto, even if that is where the best return lies. Heck, they wouldn't even trade Hoffman within the conference.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Karlsson to Vegas, in my opinion, is going to happen.. Vegas wants a Stanley Cup bad, as funny as that sounds..
    This was exactly my thinking. Waiting another year could mean that so much could happen. Look at how much changed in Ottawa in just a year and heck, in Vegas too. Edmonton, etc. I think you have to go after the generational asset when you have the chance to, when he is still under contract and when you know he is healthy to play and wants out of his current situation. Many of those IFs could change in one season.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Veteran

Some people are a massively under valuing Erik Karlsson

A young promising player and a high end prospect is nowhere near enough for a "superstar / elite / game changer / whatever term you wanted use" player.

Yes, they're are going to diminish their return by adding Bobby Ryan but not so much that they can't get established talent back plus a blue chip prospect.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster