Thread: The Value of Carter Hart

Dobber Sports Novice

Default The Value of Carter Hart

So I've stocked up on goalie prospects in my dynasty league in the last few years, with Hart, Demko, Husso, Jarry, and Gustavsson in my minors. My only goalies playing right now though are Murray and Elliott, which could potentially leave pretty big holes in my roster if they repeat last year's awful seasons.

Everyone has shown interest in Hart (understandably) and considering my plethora of prospects in net I thought I'd try to move one for a starter. Demko is right on the cusp so moving him would be a step back, but Hart is likely a couple of years away. What caliber of goalie could a promising but unproven prospect like Hart fetch me? Would you just suck it up and ride backups on the waiver wire til my situation solves itself? Thanks for your help.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: The Value of Carter Hart

it's hard to predicate goalies until they play at the nhl level. just throw out a few feelers to teams that need goalie help

Dobber Sports Padawan

I’d ride it out, Philly has a good core of players and some really good prospects. They could become a perineal contender.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Administrator

The answer here is really simple. You don't have to make a hard decision. Just make good trades. Trading Hart for Holtby might be a good idea while trading him for Varlamov is probably not such a good idea.

Example: in a dynasty league I recently moved Hart in a deal for Hischier. Didn't want to move him but the right deal came up.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Padawan

Murray had a rough year off the ice and I fully expect him to go back to his normal stellar self. I'd ride it out, also.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Genius

You are going to extract the most value in a Carter Hart trade by trading for a position player(s). If you are trying to get a goalie for him you are going to get a Crawford-esque goalie -- a guy on the downside.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Deity

If you want a starting NHL goalie, I'd be willing to part with ANY of your prospect goalies for a starter, if it's the right starter coming back your way. You aren't going to get a Holtby/Vasilevskiy/Hellebuyck type of starter in a one-for-one deal with a prospect goalie but I would definitely dangle any of them to see what type of offers you get. The worst thing that can happen is you get no offers but at the very least, you can see what other GMs are willing to part with to get one. Nothing says you have to make any trades just because you are shopping guys. And who are you or we to judge what others might or might not offer. Depending on where the talks go, you could always add to one of these prospect goalies to get a quality starter too.

First thing you have to do is let everyone know they are available and what your end goal is and go from there. You have to get the ball rolling. Once that's out there, take in the offers, come back to the forums for more advice and go from there.

Good luck!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Would help to more league details, as well as how much your league overvalues goalies generally, and prospects specifically.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hard to tell goalie value as that is typically heavily dependent on scoring and league size (especially the latter). My personal philosophy is nobody is ever technically unavailable, I'll negotiate deals and if the deal makes sense for me I'll do it. Looking at the goalies you listed, I wouldn't be actively shopping Hart short of getting a good to great starter in return. Elliott is a mediocre borderline starter, both now and over most of his career, and I doubt he gets renewed. Philly is basically just waiting for one of Stolarz, Hart, Sandstrom, or another prospect to inherit the position. Murray is pretty young and, even though he's promising and probably a safe bet, he's still got a bit of wait-and-see in him. Personally, I think Pittsburgh is on the downswing too, at least in the big picture. Goalie prospects are practically impossible to predict, but Hart is almost as safe a bet as possible. Only ones I would consider safer would be Shestyorkin, maybe Sorokin.