Thread: Keeper League

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Keeper League

I just took over a Keeper League team that finished Second last in a 11 team league therefore ended up with the 2nd overall pick in our upcoming draft. My roster is not a young roster at all as I have 2 aging goalies in Fleury and Howard and jut traded for Korpisalo. I traded OEL for a 1st (8th overall) 2nd round and Jakub Vrana. Now I own the 2nd, 8th and 11thoverall picks in the first round this year...who should I look at taking with each pick?
    Current roster
    F Couture, Eberle, JVR, Stastny, Toews, Turris, Sam Reinhart, Perry, Hornqvist, Namestnikov, Mikael Backlund, Krejci, Neal, Saad, Niederreiter, Vrana
    D Gardiner, Werenski, Spurgeon, Hanifn, Maatta, Klefbom,Larsson
    G MA Fleury, Howard, Korpisalo, Nilsson

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Keeper League

Welcome to the forums.

What does your full roster look like? What categories does your league use? H2H setup, roto or points only?

As a new member, this is a good thread to read over for some tips.

https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...ding-the-Forum
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Novice

it's a points only league with max roster size 28 and drop 5 players for a 5 round draft.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

need more info... what categories, how many players do you start at each position etc.

Dobber Sports Jedi

you take who #1 doesn't between Svech and Zadina.

without positional requirements, Dahlin drops.

I could see the 1st 7 being 6F and Dahlin. perhaps look at last years draft to see how teams drafted & how much/little weight was put on heiskanen & makar
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Novice

Goals and Assists 1 pt each and Wins 2 pts SO 1 pt. top 12 forwards, 5 Defence and 2 goalies count throughout the season.

Dobber Sports Giant

For your second overall pick, take whichever of Svechnikov or Dahlin falls to you. Ideally you get Svechnikov here, but Dahlin is a nice consolation. 8th overall I would be looking at guys like Kravtsov (unless Quinn Hughes is still available) — but you probably don’t want to load up on two defensemen with your highest draft picks. At the 11 spot if you can manage to get a guy like Bouchard, Dobson, etc. that would be pretty great too. I know it seems like I’m recommending a lot of defensemen but it’s only because of the nature of your draft position. At 11 I would also strongly consider someone like Bokk, just given the pure upside. I know a lot of folks are expecting his value to take off this coming year.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Novice

what about guys like Farabee, Fabbro, Tkachuk, Tolvanen nd zadina if they aren't taken in the draft? as of now Tolvanen is not on anyones roster

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by cunningham19 View Post
    what about guys like Farabee, Fabbro, Tkachuk, Tolvanen nd zadina if they aren't taken in the draft? as of now Tolvanen is not on anyones roster
    I would rank the names you just listed:

Zadina
    Tolvanen
    Tkachuk
    Farabee
    Fabbro
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Giant

I’m not really big on Fabbro’s value, especially considering their depth chart. He’s got a lot in his way to fantasy relevance. Farabee is someone I’d be looking at in the early teens, probably second round fantasy draft type of pick for me. The only reason I didn’t mention guys like Tkachuk or Zadina is because I assumed they would be gone by the time you pick at 8 overall, but I wouldn’t draft either of them ahead of Svechnikov/Dahlin.

As for Tolvanen, that’s an interesting case. I would absolutely draft him before Zadina and Tkachuk type guys but I’d still place him firmly behind Svechnikov/Dahlin largely because of the depth chart in NSH. He is behind Forsberg and Fiala for productive minutes, and I don’t really see him breaking through that logjam barring injuries or unforeseen roster moves. I think he’s someone you absolutely draft at 8 if he’s somehow available, but don’t reach ahead of Svechnikov or Dahlin, who will both likely have very important positions on their respective rosters next season.

What about a guy like Borgstrom? Is he also available. If so, I’d put him right up there with Tolvanen (i.e. ahead of Zadina/Tkachuk but behind Svechnikov/Dahlin).

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Giant

I also just realized I completely forgot about Kotkaniemi. I’d be looking his way if he’s available at 8th overall - unlikely but possible. I value him and Kravtsov similarly, but Kotkaniemi has the edge.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I would rank the names you just listed:

Zadina
    Tolvanen
    Tkachuk
    Farabee
    Fabbro
    Curious about this ... do you have Zadina ahead of Tolvanen mostly due to organizational roadblocks?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Curious about this ... do you have Zadina ahead of Tolvanen mostly due to organizational roadblocks?
    Axe also trusts the NHL scouts, so Zadina going 5th and Tolvanen going 30th probably plays a part in that list.
    I could see personal preference like that flip flopping them, as they are pretty close.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Novice

yes borgstrom is also available and is someone I am looking at taking as well. another is possibly Daniel sprong as I think hes a forgotten player by many but now has more of a clear shot at being in the NHL on one of Malkin or Crosby's wings possibly.

Dobber Sports Giant

yes borgstrom is also available and is someone I am looking at taking as well. another is possibly Daniel sprong as I think hes a forgotten player by many but now has more of a clear shot at being in the NHL on one of Malkin or Crosby's wings possibly.
    If you could get Sprong at 8th overall, definitely go that route. His value should explode if he ends up in PIT top6