Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Oh no! Triplets for Pietrangelo!!!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Oh no! Triplets for Pietrangelo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Well considering this is also a fantasy hockey message board, can we at least know what the 6 offers you sent out look like?
    You sure can. In brackets is last years ranking.

Pietrangelo (53) and a 2nd for Byfuglien (39)
    Pietrangelo (53) for Letang (51) and a 3rd
    Pietrangelo (53) for Erik Karlsson (62)
    Pietrangelo (53) for Rakell (74) and Sprong
    Pietrangelo (53) for Ristolainen (55)
    Pietrangelo (53) and a 2nd for Josi (28)

Dobber Sports Icon

Can someone give me an example of a skater that had a down year after having a baby? All of the listed examples are of goaltenders and that is a completely different kettle of fish. Goaltenders require a much more consistent level of concentration than any skater since any small mistake likely ends up in the back of the net for a goalie.

Jason Zucker had his first child at the end of October 2017. I don't think that hurt his production last year since he went on to set new career highs in goals, assists, points and PIMs. (according to hockeydb)

I don't think the triplets will affect Pietrangelo's production at all.

Dobber Sports Padawan

It may be overthinking it, but at the same time I believe you can never have too much information when it comes to making informed decisions for your team.

A player having his life turned upside down by the sudden appearance of three babies can't NOT be a factor in at least some small degree. Maybe it means he only dips four or five points than he would have had otherwise, or maybe he goes off the rails entirely and is lucky to hit 40. We can't know what will happen but the fact is we know more today than we did yesterday and it's up to individual owners to decide how to handle the risk. Trading him now while other unsuspecting owners think they might be getting a deal is better than trying to move him in the season when everybody is wondering what the hell is wrong with AP.

If I owned him I would consider shopping him around but not if it meant giving him away for pennies on the dollar. It would still have to be a return that I would expect from a Pietrangelo trade any other time.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Cam Talbot had twins in October of 2016. In the 2016-17 season Talbot started 73 games, had 42 wins and 7 shutouts. Talbot had almost identical numbers the year he had twins to the 2017-18 Vezina trophy winner (Pekka Rinne).

If AP repeats what Talbot did the year he had twins, then AP could have Norris trophy numbers.

Im not saying AP will win the Norris, but I wouldnt drop AP down in your rankings on draft day. Do do your research everyone.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Can someone give me an example of a skater that had a down year after having a baby? All of the listed examples are of goaltenders and that is a completely different kettle of fish. Goaltenders require a much more consistent level of concentration than any skater since any small mistake likely ends up in the back of the net for a goalie.

Jason Zucker had his first child at the end of October 2017. I don't think that hurt his production last year since he went on to set new career highs in goals, assists, points and PIMs. (according to hockeydb)

Getzlaf. His case was well documented and has been talked about a number of times.

57 points in 82 games in 2011-2012 after a number of life changes in 2011. The new child being one of the biggest contributors.
    https://thehockeynews.com/news/artic...ce-and-at-home

It's different for everyone depending on the kid(s), support structure, etc., but in 1 year leagues, I'm letting someone else take a chance on Pietrangelo next year.

Dobber Sports Deity

What do we attribute it to if he has a career year? Having three kids instead of one or two?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    You sure can. In brackets is last years ranking.

Pietrangelo (53) and a 2nd for Byfuglien (39)
    Pietrangelo (53) for Letang (51) and a 3rd
    Pietrangelo (53) for Erik Karlsson (62)
    Pietrangelo (53) for Rakell (74) and Sprong
    Pietrangelo (53) for Ristolainen (55)
    Pietrangelo (53) and a 2nd for Josi (28)
    Have any of these been declined or accepted yet? Straight up for Karlsson is an easy decline for me and I don?t think I?d trade Pietrangelo for the Letang, Rakell or Ristolainen offers. The other two offers seem pretty fair though.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Have any of these been declined or accepted yet? Straight up for Karlsson is an easy decline for me and I don?t think I?d trade Pietrangelo for the Letang, Rakell or Ristolainen offers. The other two offers seem pretty fair though.
    All offers still on table.

Only the Karlsson one was responded too and it was a straight-up decline with no counter-offer.

Dobber Sports Genius

I heard that he has a "triplet clause" in his contract stating that in the event he and his wife have triplets, he does not have to attend morning practices while at home.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    I heard that he has a "triplet clause" in his contract stating that in the event he and his wife have triplets, he does not have to attend morning practices while at home.
    I think that’s a given, but it won’t matter when he’s not sleeping.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Relationship Status...
    Yes. They could use the stick figure family. A happy couple. A sad couple and a pregnant couple. That should cover it.

Dobber Sports Initiate

It is looking like I started this thread with information that I feel will lead to lower production from Pietrangelo (even though everything else about the Blues says otherwise) and I’m very close to trading him (as I said I would do) and a 2nd in 2019 for...Byfuglien.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post

CHUCK! How much sleep disruption do you think there will be with 3 hungry mouths to feed?!?!? Mom can't do this one by herself. No matter how much money you throw at the problem nothing is going to replace the support of Husband/Dad. There will be lots of late nights and weary-eyed mornings.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    CHUCK! How much sleep disruption do you think there will be with 3 hungry mouths to feed?!?!? Mom can't do this one by herself. No matter how much money you throw at the problem nothing is going to replace the support of Husband/Dad. There will be lots of late nights and weary-eyed mornings.
    I completely agree with this but I don't think it will affect his offensive production at all. Lack of sleep most likely will not affect his ability to put up points. Ask anyone who's ever played "hungover hockey" and they will tell you that they probably had more points when they were hungover then they had on non-hangover days. I think the same principle will apply for Pietrangelo's season except he will be "hungover" all season. His overall game might suffer but his fantasy performance should remain the same. There might also be a bigger difference in where he gets his points as he will likely get more points on the road than at home.

Just my thoughts!

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I don't know what the laws are in Missouri, but he may as well just take paternity leave for a few months.