Thread: Marchand or Hall

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Marchand or Hall

Who would you rather own in a salary cap keeper league ? Marchand (my player) or Hall?

Considering the potential suspensions and high risk of injury (Hall played nearly a full season last year).

thanks in advance for the advice.
    11 team keeper league with salary cap (points only)

MY TEAM (start 13F, 6D, 1G):
    FWDS: N. Kucherov, S. Stamkos, R. O’Reilly, J. Hughes, W. Karlsson, P. Kessel, B. Point, F. Vatrano, E. Pettersen, R. Rakell, C. Keller, N. Niederreiter, K. Labanc

DEF: J. Trouba, J. Morrissey, T. Krug, F. Hronek, S. Jones, D. Nurse
    GOALIE: A. Vasilevskiy
    BENCH: V. Mete, S. Niku, R. Andersson, T. Hirose, C. Glass, T. Jurco, C. McElhinney
    NOTES: We can only send players down if they get injured, otherwise they pass through waivers and we lose them for nothing + we have to pay half their cap.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Marchand or Hall

Hall for me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

i think you need to go Hall and hope last year was not a fluke...imo, he has finally found formula that works for him but it is only one year...Marchant been consistent last few years but his ceiling is not as high.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    i think you need to go Hall and hope last year was not a fluke...imo, he has finally found formula that works for him but it is only one year...Marchant been consistent last few years but his ceiling is not as high.
    That was my argument for the other GM (currently negotiating), that Marchand is a lock for at least 80 points whereas there's no guarantee that Hall can repeat his season. Basically trying to convince him that I'm taking the bigger gamble here, which I believe I am.

The current deal on the table is my Marchand & Dvorak (I think he gets pushed to the bottom 6 with Galchenyuk in town) for Hall and a 3rd round pick.

FWDS: N. Kucherov, S. Stamkos, R. O’Reilly, J. Hughes, W. Karlsson, P. Kessel, B. Point, F. Vatrano, E. Pettersen, R. Rakell, C. Keller, N. Niederreiter, K. Labanc

BENCH: V. Mete, S. Niku, R. Andersson, T. Hirose, C. Glass, T. Jurco, C. McElhinney
    NOTES: We can only send players down if they get injured, otherwise they pass through waivers and we lose them for nothing + we have to pay half their cap.

Dobber Sports Wizard

you taking bigger gamble but also may get bigger result...i would not worry about Dvorak and a 3rd. Those are insignificant pieces. You need to decide if you want hall or marchant...other two shoudl not decide this deal
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    you taking bigger gamble but also may get bigger result...i would not worry about Dvorak and a 3rd. Those are insignificant pieces. You need to decide if you want hall or marchant...other two shoudl not decide this deal
    I'm a little obsessed with negotiating, lol.
    So the deal has been finalized -- Marchand, Dvorak, a late 4th round pick for Hall and the 1st pick in the 3rd round.

I'm actually happy to be getting Hall, I think he at least hits the 80 point mark which is where Marchand would land as well.

Big Daddy

Tough call between the two but a fair trade for both managers. I like the move.

Dobber Sports Genius

Good move to get Hall. Fortunately the extra negotiating didn’t provide an opportunity for the other GM to get cold feet.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Padawan

Ill take Marchand

Yes, I’m pretty happy to get Hall, I was getting frustrated with Marchand last year with the suspensions and the injuries that came out of nowhere (probably cuncussions), so definitely happy to get Hall

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Tough call between the two but a fair trade for both managers. I like the move.
    Yeah, what Dave said. I do worry about Hall's past history of injury, but them's the risks.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Sage

Hall the way (get it?)
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):