Thread: Kravtsov at 5th OA? Points only

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Kravtsov at 5th OA? Points only

Yo! Points system in sig. I got the 5th overall this year and was thinking about picking Kravtsov if Wahlstrom is gone. Some say go with Tkachuk or Kotkaniemi but from what I've read, Kravtsov seems to be a very good choice. I think Dobber had his fantasy value at 9 or something like that. Good choice or stick to Kotkaniemi or Tkachuk? Thanks fellas!
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Kravtsov at 5th OA? Points only

If Wahlstrom is gone by 5th, then you could probably trade down and probably still get one of those 3 if you're drafting from 5-10. Going to be a complete crapshoot on which of the 3 is the better point getter. Tkachuk might be the safer choice but Kotkaniemi has the higher upside. If he wasn't drafted by MTL, I'm sure he would be the better choice.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    Yo! Points system in sig. I got the 5th overall this year and was thinking about picking Kravtsov if Wahlstrom is gone. Some say go with Tkachuk or Kotkaniemi but from what I've read, Kravtsov seems to be a very good choice. I think Dobber had his fantasy value at 9 or something like that. Good choice or stick to Kotkaniemi or Tkachuk? Thanks fellas!
    FYI if you're citing that 9 rating from the prospects page, that's not Dobber's rating-- that's just the rating of whomever happens to be the Rangers community writer for dobberprospects. There is little apples-to-apples comparison when looking at fantasy upsides on that site since it's different writers for a handful of teams. All are knowledgeable, but they aren't the esteemed Dobber

Personally I think Kravtsov is a reach at 5-- could turn out to be a good pick, but you could easily trade down a few spots and still get him. Also, I think I'd take Tkachuk or Kotkaniemi over him.

Dobber Sports Wizard

In points-only, Kravtsov at #5 is completely reasonable. With no positional requirements, I would consider him at #3 behind Svechnikov and Zadina.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd still stick with Tkachuk even in a points only format.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

The problem with trading down is that if you're name isn't Dahlin or Hughes, D men will always go after forwards. Normally our draft follows that of the NHL's draft. Top 3 are always the same, no matter who goes first. After that, you could have D men go 4-8 but they'd still be picked behind any forwards. So trading down means I risk losing out on guys like Kravtsov, Kotkaniemi or Tkachuk. Honestly, I've read more on how better Kravtsov is then guys like Kotkaniemi or Tkachuk. Tkachuk hasn't been talked of highly in a points only league and it seems like Kotkaniemi was a huge reach at 3. But I am not an expert so I can only go with what I've read. Overall, Kravtsov seems to have the higher offensive upside than those two. But thank you all for your thoughts. Really appreciate it.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'd say go with Kravtsov over Tkachuk or Kotkaniemi. Probably not in terms of real hockey, but in fantasy hockey, he seems to the be the one with the most upside. With a Top 5 pick, I don't see the benefit of taking the safe player. I understand you don't want to miss with a pick that high, but if I'm taking someone 5th overall, I want someone that could potentially be a real, dynamic offensive player. I don't see either Tkachuk or Kotkaniemi being that.
    12 Team Keeper League, 28 Player Roster

G, A, PTS, +/-, PPG, SHG, GWG, PPA, HT, GHHT
    W, GA, SV, SHO

C: Barkov, Barzal, Dubois, Point
    LW: Fiala, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Svechnikov
    RW: Ehlers, Kyrou,​S. Reinhart, Tomasino
    D: Bouchard, Ekblad, Makar, R. Merkley, Rielly, Theodore
    Bench: K. Johnson, Harley
    Minors: Johnston, McTavish, Clarke
    G: Saros, Thompson