Thread: Salary Cap Keeper League

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Salary Cap Keeper League

That time of year where a million of these posts pop up. Just looking for any additional advice.

In signature the first team.

Couple of things about the league it is a Salary Cap league, Cap is 80 million only dressed players count towards cap number.
    Was a 20 team league expanding to 22 teams next season.

Keeper Rules
    5 players at any position and experience (1 Goalie Max)
    5 players under 200 NHL Games played (goalies under 82)
    0-3 players with 0 NHL regular season games played

We have already don't the Entry Draft

Thoughts are to keep the following
    ANY EXP
    Filip Forsberg
    Taylor Hall
    Sean Monahan
    Mark Scheifele
    Eric Karlsson

U200 GPHenrik Borgstrom
    Yanni Gourde
    Tyson Jost
    Alexander Kerfoot
    Casey Mittelstadt

ZERO GPFilip Zadina
    Cam Johnson

its weekly h2h dressing 12 forwards, 6 defence, 2 goaltenders (have 3 reserves and 3 minors(players under 40 nhl games played)

Skater Points: Goals 1.5pts, Empty Net Goals 1 pts, GWG 0.5pts, PPG 0.5pts, SHG 2pts, Assists 1pt, Shoot out Goal 0.5pts SoG 0.1pts, Blocked Shots 0.1 pts, Hit 0.1pts, Fights 2pts, Minor Penalties -0.5, +/- +/- .2 pts
    Goalies: W 1pt, SO, 1 pts, SV 0.1 pts a, GA -0.5pts

I have tried flipping players but league is pretty quiet. Need to lock in keepers by August 1st. Goalies are not make or break but with 22 teams in the league there is potential to only end up with backups. Should I keep Raanta? What are the thoughts on keeping Riley Smith? Only 2 players I am really contemplating keeping.

I have offered Monahan and Smith for guys like Hischier and Fiala but due to the keeper style under 200 game played keepers are pretty expensive.

thanks for any insight you can provide

League 1 (22 team)
    F: Borgstrom (FLA), Forsberg (NSH),Gourde (TB),Hall (NJ),Jost (COL),Kerfoot (COL),Mittlstadt (BUF),Monahan (CGY),Scheifele (WPG),Smith (VGK),Sobotka (BUF),Stephen (ARI),Baertschi (VAN),Domi (MON), Gaudette (Van),
    Zadina (DET).
    D: Edmundson(STL), Karlsson (OTT), McNabb (VGK),Niku(WPG),Pateryn (MIN),Saverson (NJ)
    G: Raanta (ARI),Varlamov (COL),Schneider (NJ),Johnson (NJ)

League 2 (14 team)
    F: McDavid(EDM), Hall(NJ)
    D: Klingberg(DAL)
    G:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Salary Cap Keeper League

It looks like goalie scoring is very minimal. Anything over a .833 SV% nets you fractional points, plus 1 point for a win & a shutout.

I'd be very willing to keep 0 goalies here. I would really try to draft a goalie late with 0 GP who isn't coming over this year, just to fill that keeper slot that is currently unused with somebody.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

I might consider Raanta over Monahan.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I might consider Raanta over Monahan.
    The reason I would consider it as well is Raanta put up pretty solid numbers in Arizona. .930 SV%. Had a couple of injury throughout the season. Only played 47 games. He could bump up to 55-65 games played this season. That and Arizona looked pretty good at the end of the season. Picked up Galch who could help their goal scoring situation and maybe win 30-40 games vs 21.

I have until Aug 2nd to lock in the roster so hoping closer to the deadline I am able to still Flip Monahan and Smith for a decent under 200games played roster player or a 0games played prospect.
    League 1 (22 team)
    F: Borgstrom (FLA), Forsberg (NSH),Gourde (TB),Hall (NJ),Jost (COL),Kerfoot (COL),Mittlstadt (BUF),Monahan (CGY),Scheifele (WPG),Smith (VGK),Sobotka (BUF),Stephen (ARI),Baertschi (VAN),Domi (MON), Gaudette (Van),
    Zadina (DET).
    D: Edmundson(STL), Karlsson (OTT), McNabb (VGK),Niku(WPG),Pateryn (MIN),Saverson (NJ)
    G: Raanta (ARI),Varlamov (COL),Schneider (NJ),Johnson (NJ)

League 2 (14 team)
    F: McDavid(EDM), Hall(NJ)
    D: Klingberg(DAL)
    G:

Dobber Sports Deity

Is there normally any starting goalies worth a pinch of salt available for redrafting? If not, I'd just stick with Raanta. Reilly Smith, I could take him or leave him so if you are not sure, I'd drop him for re-drafting.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."