Thread: oilers and jackets young guns

Dobber Sports Recruit

Post oilers and jackets young guns

Hi Dobberites. I'm a young hockey fan who has many wonders and thoughts around the NHL. it would be an honour to be on the dobber fantasy team writing ramblings for my favourite organization. here's a few ramblings.

Edmonton Oilers defenseman Evan Bouchard: The oilers 1st round pick is getting way more attention than I thought he'd get. Yet he could very well be an up and coming #1 defenseman, but that won't be happening for the next few years.I was watching some footage of him and i was pretty impressed though some people might give him grief about going 10th in the draft but brodin for the wild was drafted 10th an look at where he his a top 4 d man early in his career that could be bouchard in a few years. I can maybe see him halfway through the regular season on the bottom pair with the likes of Matt Benning making the team. But who knows.

Columbus Blue Jackets Centre Pierre-Luc Dubois: The 20-year old who had a breakout year in 2017-2018 is now on a weaker team with jack johnson heading out to pittsburg and the likes of artemi panarin be traded or becoming a ufa next summer he's kind of in a situation in columbus. he's already at least a #2 centre but he's only really got wendberg and atkinson up front.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: oilers and jackets young guns

My recommendation is to contact Dobber directly. You can reach him via PM here, send him a PM on twitter or an email.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: oilers and jackets young guns

Quote Originally Posted by topshelf78 View Post
    Hi Dobberites. I'm a young hockey fan who has many wonders and thoughts around the NHL. it would be an honour to be on the dobber fantasy team writing ramblings for my favourite organization. here's a few ramblings.

Edmonton Oilers defenseman Evan Bouchard: The oilers 1st round pick is getting way more attention than I thought he'd get. Yet he could very well be an up and coming #1 defenseman, but that won't be happening for the next few years.I was watching some footage of him and i was pretty impressed though some people might give him grief about going 10th in the draft but brodin for the wild was drafted 10th an look at where he his a top 4 d man early in his career that could be bouchard in a few years. I can maybe see him halfway through the regular season on the bottom pair with the likes of Matt Benning making the team. But who knows.
    I've watched Bouchard play many times and there's a couple things I'd like to point out.

1) He's physically ready to play at the NHL level, but there's other key aspects of his game that needs work - mainly his skating. He doesn't look out of the ordinary in junior, but if he wants to make it in the pro's it's definitely something he'll need to take a look at.

2) I honestly think he's 2 years away from being a main-stay on the Oilers, and anything sooner would be counter-productive and may hinder his growth.

With that being said, I think this kid's going to be a stud and may turn out to be the 3rd best pick the oilers have made over the last decade (McDavid, Hall)
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby