Thread: Would you do this? Karlsson for the top 3 this year.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Would you do this? Karlsson for the top 3 this year.

Idea has been mentioned nothing in stone but made me think. Would you trade karlsson for potentially dahlin, Svechnikov, and one of Zadina or Wahlstrom. Opinions
    14 member dynasty league. Full keepers. 9 forwards/ 4 d-men/ 1 utility/2 goalies/ 4 bench spots. Points goals, assists, hits, plus/minus, PPP, GWG. Goalie:saves, wins, SO. Forwards: Ehlers,Barzal, Barkov, Keller,Hall, fabbri,J.Schwarz,Hoffman,Aho,Perron, Kuzy, puljarvi.Defence:Karlsson, Hedman, Ghost,Provo.G:Helly,Vas,Raanta.Prospects:Peterson, samsonov,karprizov,parsons,sorokin,Suzuki,Bellows, Borgstrom

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Would you do this? Karlsson for the top 3 this year.

Yes, in a dynasty I do that in a heartbeat.

Dobber Sports Sage

Assuming E. Karlsson and not W. Karlsson? Is this the league in your signature? Is there a limit on prospects (ie: if it is your league in Sig would you have to drop 2 of your current prospects)?
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Genius

OoooooH - this is a fun question! A noodle bender I want to chew on.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Apprentice

No limit on prospects and team in sig.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I would ask for a 4th piece. You've got a really young team so this isn't a bad move. I get the feeling you're mid-pack teasing with competing. But we're talking EK in fantasy circles so shoot for the moon
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd do that, because you could likely ship off the 1st for something proven and awesome, and keep the other 2 picks. That would mitigate bust risk substantially.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

It's tough. I think Karlsson today is worth more then those three based on the what he offers. That being said, by the time the three get to a respectable level, Karlsson will be near that dreaded age of 30 when his perceived valued takes a nosedive. This is a risky trade based on the unknown of the three picks. Sure, we can assume all three will turn out to be super-studs but history has proven that to not always be the case.

If you like to play fantasy sports with a bit of risk, then I am making this deal. If you are the type who likes to play it safe, I'd look for a different return for Karlsson, maybe one of the picks along with a young asset who is a little more proven. Only you know how you like to play fantasy sports.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

It's tough. I think Karlsson today is worth more then those three based on the what he offers. That being said, by the time the three get to a respectable level, Karlsson will be near that dreaded age of 30 when his perceived valued takes a nosedive. This is a risky trade based on the unknown of the three picks. Sure, we can assume all three will turn out to be super-studs but history has proven that to not always be the case.

If you like to play fantasy sports with a bit of risk, then I am making this deal. If you are the type who likes to play it safe, I'd look for a different return for Karlsson, maybe one of the picks along with a young asset who is a little more proven. If they are willing to part with the top 3 picks, surely they are willing to part with other youth as well. Only you know how you like to play fantasy sports.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Based on your team I'd say no unless like it was said above, that you could do some flipping to bring in something more solid or proven. While there could be some upgrades up front (perron etc) I'd be looking to deal those guys for tweaks instead of karlsson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

He has RNH, JVR, Galchenyuk, and Skinner on the table offering to others as well as kessel whom he is dangling to people. Do any of those sweeten the pot? Thanks for the responses