Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL Mock Draft - discussion

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: NHL Mock Draft - discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Can we set a time limit on picks though?? I know we have over two months but the waiting 24 hours for one pick is excruciating!!
    I hope that is not the case and people send a short autodraft list to myself and PH to use if teams know they're going to be away for an extended period. We will definitely take steps if people are not making their picks within 24 hours, but we will try to avoid that situation as much as possible.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'm in.
    Let's do standard numbers:
    12 teams, drafting 12F/6D/2G + 5 Bench (to include at least 1G, for goalie discussion depth).
    That should (12x25) represent the top 300 players in fantasy hockey.
    The 9/5 settings split is perfect, though I (personally) prefer dropping goalie SHO and going 9/4.
    [ROTO standings after we finish - based on some combo of last year/predictions???!!!]

I can check in morning (9am), lunch (1pm), end work day (5pm), after kids bed (9pm), so I shouldn't be more than 4 hours wait ever.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I'm in.
    Let's do standard numbers:
    12 teams, drafting 12F/6D/2G + 5 Bench (to include at least 1G, for goalie discussion depth).
    That should (12x25) represent the top 300 players in fantasy hockey.
    The 9/5 settings split is perfect, though I (personally) prefer dropping goalie SHO and going 9/4.
    [ROTO standings after we finish - based on some combo of last year/predictions???!!!]

I can check in morning (9am), lunch (1pm), end work day (5pm), after kids bed (9pm), so I shouldn't be more than 4 hours wait ever.
    I've added more UTIL spots. They are the bench equivalent, but since we want everyone drafted to count towards points we turned it into a starting roster spot. We may get more than 12 teams interested, we will see.

Big Daddy

Can I join please? I?m hoping to get into the Dobber Tiered Invitational Roto League this season and I?m a beginner at Roto so I could definitely use the practice/experience. If there is room I?d love to join and will likely have a few questions. Let me know!

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Can I join please? I?m hoping to get into the Dobber Tiered Invitational Roto League this season and I?m a beginner at Roto so I could definitely use the practice/experience. If there is room I?d love to join and will likely have a few questions. Let me know!
    You bet!

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Big Daddy

Awesome! So to be clear, this is a mock draft/league and once the draft concludes there will be no roster maintenance or add/drops/trades but the scores will be kept? Also, in roto isn't it custom to have an 82 game cap per player position? I know the second question won't affect this mock league but I am just asking in general. Looking forward to getting this started! Thanks in advance pmorrow and PH!
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Monster

Awesome! So to be clear, this is a mock draft/league and once the draft concludes there will be no roster maintenance or add/drops/trades but the scores will be kept? Also, in roto isn't it custom to have an 82 game cap per player position? I know the second question won't affect this mock league but I am just asking in general. Looking forward to getting this started! Thanks in advance pmorrow and PH!
    I have been in ones that didn't have the 82 game cap, but yes many do. Yeah it's basically just draft and we're done. Wanted it to be a practice run with no further commitment, but have an actual winner to have an incentive to put in some effort.

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Big Daddy

Excellent. What is the latest we will begin? We are currently at 9 teams, would be nice to get to 12 since that is pretty standard.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Monster

Excellent. What is the latest we will begin? We are currently at 9 teams, would be nice to get to 12 since that is pretty standard.
    12 would be fine, but depends how much interest there is. TBH, I am not sure how many people even see this thread. Unless they check the latest posts tab, this is pretty buried in a subforum. We will see where we are in 2 or 3 days and if we have 12 or more we can get going. If anyone knowns members that might want to join us, let them know.

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Monster

9 teams signed up, looking for a few more!

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    9 teams signed up, looking for a few more!
    Oh what the hell, count me in. I need a little help with my post count for July. I am still very early in my draft list, so it won't be of any use to me...going by experience! Should be fun, but we need to start in July!! Hopefully, the guys will have the time to check to see if it's their pick and we can not get hung up too often!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Oh what the hell, count me in. I need a little help with my post count for July. I am still very early in my draft list, so it won't be of any use to me...going by experience! Should be fun, but we need to start in July!! Hopefully, the guys will have the time to check to see if it's their pick and we can not get hung up too often!
    11 teams now. We can start soon if we get to 12 (or more if anyone else wants to join soon). I don't know if many have started putting their draft lists together. I haven't just yet but I usually start around this time. I am probably going to just pull up a spreadsheet of the 2017-2018 stats list and cross names off from that.

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    11 teams now. We can start soon if we get to 12 (or more if anyone else wants to join soon). I don't know if many have started putting their draft lists together. I am probably going to just pull up a spreadsheet of the 2017-2018 stats list and cross names off from that.
    I would suggest we cap it at 12. Any more and slow drafts seem to fall out of interest! But I am good for whatever!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I would suggest we cap it at 12. Any more and slow drafts seem to fall out of interest! But I am good for whatever!
    12 is a good number. Hopefully we can get this cracking soon!

One spot left, who wants it?!

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Monster

Okay, hockeypoolfanatic is in. We are at 12. I am waiting on 1 more person I PM'ed to get back to me, but otherwise we will do the draft lottery soon.

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry