Poll: Who would you rather: Elias Pettersson or Casey Mittelstadt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Petterson v.s Mittelstadt

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Petterson v.s Mittelstadt

From watching a high-light video of Petterson, it's interesting to see that when he dekes, most times it will be a fake to the backhand and swing back to score on the forehand. When he shoots, a lot of times it is to the top right corner. He looks like a creative player and I am certain that he will improve upon his bag of tricks, but it concerns me when a player relies too much on a few moves. I imagine that some big NHL D-men will help him change his tendencies to cut back into the middle.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Nehithaw View Post
    From watching a high-light video of Petterson, it's interesting to see that when he dekes, most times it will be a fake to the backhand and swing back to score on the forehand. When he shoots, a lot of times it is to the top right corner. He looks like a creative player and I am certain that he will improve upon his bag of tricks, but it concerns me when a player relies too much on a few moves. I imagine that some big NHL D-men will help him change his tendencies to cut back into the middle.
    He's 19, obviously he has a lot of development ahead of him.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The poll is surprisingly not close. Should be interesting how they fair next year!
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

Dobber Sports Recruit

I own Mittelstad in my keeper, yet would trade him for Petterson.

Mitts' dangles I believe will be top-5 in the world. In addition he will likely be a half-board (perhaps even D-man?) on the Buffalo 1PP-unit, so it's not without reluctance I do the deal. My problem with Mitts is his skating. I have seen many reports that claim skating is a strength, but I don't see it. He has an awkward stance, elbows flailing here and there. These mechanics have to be improved, otherwise he will ineffectively burn energy that other guys - better skaters - don't. He'll be safer if Buffalo prioritized operating on the cycle. But with Dahlin in the freigh, I think Buffalo over time will implement run-and-gun. Just my prognosis - right or wrong.

Petterson, as someone else alluded to, has a smaller bag of tricks. But I believe his hockey IQ is world-class, whereas Casey's is "merely" elite. His fundamentals fit in better with the NHL game for the long haul. He definitely seems safer.

On cannot overlook the D+1 performances of these two. I have heard many excuses regarding Mitts' low PPG in college (linemates, system, coach, new league). But I was very disappointed in the production, as a Mitts owner.

Petterson's groundbreaking season however, needs no excuses. He produced at each and every point. Even in the WJC's - where Mitts was MVP - Petterson was just 2 points back.

At the end of the day though, it's obviously a coin flip.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by payback View Post
    I own Mittelstad in my keeper, yet would trade him for Petterson.

Mitts' dangles I believe will be top-5 in the world. In addition he will likely be a half-board (perhaps even D-man?) on the Buffalo 1PP-unit, so it's not without reluctance I do the deal. My problem with Mitts is his skating. I have seen many reports that claim skating is a strength, but I don't see it. He has an awkward stance, elbows flailing here and there. These mechanics have to be improved, otherwise he will ineffectively burn energy that other guys - better skaters - don't. He'll be safer if Buffalo prioritized operating on the cycle. But with Dahlin in the freigh, I think Buffalo over time will implement run-and-gun. Just my prognosis - right or wrong.

Petterson, as someone else alluded to, has a smaller bag of tricks. But I believe his hockey IQ is world-class, whereas Casey's is "merely" elite. His fundamentals fit in better with the NHL game for the long haul. He definitely seems safer.

On cannot overlook the D+1 performances of these two. I have heard many excuses regarding Mitts' low PPG in college (linemates, system, coach, new league). But I was very disappointed in the production, as a Mitts owner.

Petterson's groundbreaking season however, needs no excuses. He produced at each and every point. Even in the WJC's - where Mitts was MVP - Petterson was just 2 points back.

At the end of the day though, it's obviously a coin flip.
    Great reply for only your 3rd post in 2 years.. Respect!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..