View Poll Results: Please give me the lowdown on...

Voters
82. This poll is closed
  • J.T. Miller

20 24.39%
  • Ryan McDonagh

0 0%
  • Tyler Johnson

5 6.10%
  • Yanni Gourde

22 26.83%
  • Alex Killorn

2 2.44%
  • Ondrej Palat

4 4.88%
  • Mikhail Sergachev

20 24.39%
  • Brayden Point

9 10.98%

Thread: Dobber's Lowdown feature - your input needed. Tamp Bay Lightning!

I...am your father.

Default Dobber's Lowdown feature - your input needed. Tamp Bay Lightning!

This year my "Lowdown" feature in the Fantasy Guide (https://www.dobbersports.com/shop) will be 100% reader-influenced. I would love your help determining which players to dig deep on and give my thoughts as to their immediate and long-term futures. Typically I stay away from the obvious superstars that will just take up valuable space (why should I tell you that Sidney Crosby is good - didn't you know that?). I also stay away from pure prospects that have in-depth profiles in the Fantasy Prospects Report, since three-quarters of the Guide customers also get the FPR (via the Keeper League Pack). What's left are the guys who are more of a question mark. The tough decisions.

We'll take the Top 2 players voted here and put them in our Facebook poll to get the final guy. Anaheim (Montour wins over Kase!), Arizona (Dvorak wins over Galchenyuk!), Boston (DeBrusk wins over Heinen!), Buffalo (A TIE! Reinhart tied Thompson so I guess I'll have to do TWO lowdowns for BUF!), Calgary (Lindholm over Bennett!), Carolina (Faulk ekes past Rask), Chicago (DeBrincat wins over Schmaltz!), Colorado (Girard wins over Jost!), Columbus (Dubois wins over Milano!), Dallas (Honka wins over Lindell!), Detroit (Svechnikov wins over Athanasiou!), Edmonton (Puljujarvi wins over Klefbom!), Florida (Matheson baaaaarely gets past Bjugstad 51% to 49%!), Los Angeles (Kempe over Toffoli!), Minnesota (Eriksson Ek over Coyle!), Montreal (Domi over Drouin!), Nashville (Fiala over Turris!), NY Islanders (Pulock over Beauvillier!) are already in the books, and the NYR and OTT and PHI polls are up NOW so check them out and vote https://www.facebook.com/DobberSports/

Today's poll - the Tampa Bay Lightning. Please vote!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Dobber's Lowdown feature - your input needed. Tamp Bay Lightning!

I want to say Point but I am really curious on JT Miller and what you feel his upside is now that he will play a full season in TB.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

this was tough... I really like JT Miller, but I think the outlook for him is very clear... points, points and more points playing with Stamkos and Kucherov.

I wanna know more of an outlook of how Johnson or Killorn fit into this team for this year and after this year. I voted Killorn cause I think he is more likely to stay and Johnson is the one to go.

Administrator

Miller is by far the most intriguing player on this team. Looked like a real star after the trade and the supporting cast is enough to help him (potentially) stay at this level.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

No option for Karlsson?
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    No option for Karlsson?
    He'll be there under Vegas.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I have the idea Cooper played Sergachev to a sheltered role last year, I'm not sure if the numbers confirm that. Will he face tougher situations this year? What's his upside in that case?

Dobber Sports Genius

Topic, but off topic...

Did anyone else scratch their head and wonder why (WHY!?!) Yzerman offered that contract to McDonagh? Just, why? If the Bolts wanted to own the 'Brent Seabrook' contract they could have just asked for Seabrook. This McDonagh contract is going to one of the worst in the league in very short order.

- I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Administrator

Also, not sure why that contract needed a NTC in writing. The terms of the contract alone are a NTC.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Give me the lowdown on Gourde. how good can he get and is he destined to be buried on the 3rd line?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Sir Gachev for me, although I do like Miller.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Titan

Close race between Miller/Gourde/Sergachyev!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Close race between Miller/Gourde/Sergachyev!
    Wow, 2 days later and it's 20-22-20
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket